cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't want an upgrade to Dropbox Essentials

I don't want an upgrade to Dropbox Essentials

Rahkitty
Helpful | Level 5
I got an email this morning saying "We’re providing you with a free upgrade from your Dropbox Professional plan to our new Dropbox Essentials."

I don't want this. I don't want those extra features and I don't want to pay the additional amount per month. The email may say free, but provided no details on this so I'm well aware after a month it'll start charging the full amount.

Even if it's not going to do that. I don't want it. How to I stop this? I'm happy with what I have.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Rahkitty, thanks for reaching out to the Dropbox Community.

As mentioned in the email you received, Dropbox Essentials replaced the Dropbox Professional + eSign and Dropbox One plans on October 10, 2023. 

This is not something that can be reversed or cancelled, but this upgrade will be at no extra cost to you.

You’ll keep all the features you had on the Professional plan, as well as some additional functionality, including end-to-end eSignature features and document tracking and analytics.

Learn more about Dropbox Essentials in our help center article or see a feature breakdown on our plans page.

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any questions.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Rahkitty, thanks for reaching out to the Dropbox Community.

As mentioned in the email you received, Dropbox Essentials replaced the Dropbox Professional + eSign and Dropbox One plans on October 10, 2023. 

This is not something that can be reversed or cancelled, but this upgrade will be at no extra cost to you.

You’ll keep all the features you had on the Professional plan, as well as some additional functionality, including end-to-end eSignature features and document tracking and analytics.

Learn more about Dropbox Essentials in our help center article or see a feature breakdown on our plans page.

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any questions.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Rahkitty
Helpful | Level 5
Hi Hannah! My email didn't actually contain that bit of information, so I was unaware Essentials was fully replacing Pro. See below for full email, to make sure. Thank you for letting me know.

"We’re providing you with a free upgrade from your Dropbox Professional plan to our new Dropbox Essentials plan at no extra cost.
Rest assured, you will keep all of the features on your current plan, plus some added functionality that enables an exceptional client experience while helping protect your content.
These new Dropbox Essentials capabilities will help you tackle any job that comes your way:
Send and manage unlimited signature requests and automatically save signed documents to folders inside Dropbox
Use real-time document and video analytics to see where customers spend their time
Communicate with others using video and screen recordings and GIFs to save time
Leave frame-accurate video feedback and markups on up to 10 files
Convert, edit, sign, and organize PDFs without leaving Dropbox
Your account is scheduled to be upgraded on December 4, 2023. There’s nothing you need to do right now. In the meantime, you can learn more about Dropbox Essentials here.
- The Dropbox team"

Stewart I.
Helpful | Level 6

If thats the case why are you still offering professional on your sales pages ?   I don't want to upgrade either.  You keep changing my plan with free upgrades for tools i dont use then start charging me for them later.  Ive been upgraded on space, now features and now im getting charged twice what i used to get charged for.   

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Stewart I., as the plans are still in the process of changing over, there might still be references to Dropbox Professional. 

If you're not interested in the free upgrade, which will be automatic since the price of the plan isn't changing, how do you wish to proceed from here on?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Stewart I.
Helpful | Level 6

professional is front and center on the sales page.  If you click i want storage its selling you the professional plan.   The question is you are giving a free upgrade is that free forever or are you going to raise the price 20% on top of the other prices rises to make everyone pay more after 12 months ? 

Gregory Esparza
New member | Level 2

Got email "Congratulations on upgrading your account to Dropbox Essentials! This Email serves as your receipt." I did not upgrade. This email came in 3 days ago... Back on 3/18/2023 I upgraded to Dropbox Professional to 3/18/24.

What is this?

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Gregory Esparza, thanks for messaging the Community!

This email is related to the migration to the new plan. Dropbox Essentials replaced the Dropbox Professional + eSign and Dropbox One plans on October 10, 2023. 

You were automatically transitioned to Dropbox Essentials, where, on top of the previous features you already had, you’ll also get:

• End-to-end eSignature features
  • Send and track features

You won’t have to do anything, your current files and plan price won’t be affected by this change. 

If you have any further queries, feel free to message back.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

jppp1
Explorer | Level 4

I don't think Dropbox is being honest above.  It's a free trial that we didn't agree to, and once the billing cycle finishes we will be charged more without our consent.

If true, that's a truly scummy way to do business, dropbox.

Just leave our accounts alone unless we ask!

LaRichy
New member | Level 2

Hey everyone,

I recently received an unsolicited upgrade to Dropbox Essentials, and it seems I'll be charged for it after March 31, 2024. I originally subscribed to Dropbox Professional, and I don't want the Essentials plan.

I've already contacted Dropbox support, but I wanted to share my experience here and see if others have faced a similar situation. Has anyone successfully reverted back to their original plan after an unexpected upgrade?

Thanks for any insights,

Richard

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Stewart I. Helpful | Level 6
    Mark M-81 New member | Level 2
    Mark D.29 Helpful | Level 5
    LaRichy New member | Level 2
    jppp1 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?