cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access my account, used a temporary email a year ago

Can't access my account, used a temporary email a year ago

Belal
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi i've created many years ago a dropbox account with a temporary mail ([personal information removed]). I remember it's pass cause last year i had it on my old phone now with a new one (the last one was stolen) i can't access my account. Please try to help me i really need that account. Thank you for any help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Belal1 - although I’m not quite clear if it’s the same as the original poster.

If you remember your email address associated with your Dropbox account, have you tried resetting your password?

If the issue persists or you’re not able to receive the password reset email, I’d kindly recommend logging a ticket with our Support team since this involves account-specific and sensitive info. 

Let me know of any updates on the matter. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there @Belal. Initially, please note that I’ve removed personal info included in your post above for security and privacy reasons. 

Moving on to your concern though, it’s to my understanding that you’d like to sign in with a different Dropbox account than the one you’re currently signed in with on your mobile device.

In that case, have you tried signing out of your current Dropbox account and signing in with the other one?

If this doesn’t help, could you provide me with a bit more info so as to have a better understanding of your concern? If you’re seeing any errors, a screenshot (omitting any personal info) would be very useful as well. 

Let me know of any update on the matter! :grin:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Belal1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Thank you for your kindness. I'll try to explain you better: i had this temporary mail with wich i used to log in. They stole my old iphone, i bought a samsung s8 downloaded dropbox and it doesn't accept my temporay mail and password. I don't know if the problem is that i used a temporary mail to register so they banned it or who stole my phone changed the password. Hope you can help me i had many photos i would like to recover and hope no one stole them... Thanks again.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Belal1 - although I’m not quite clear if it’s the same as the original poster.

If you remember your email address associated with your Dropbox account, have you tried resetting your password?

If the issue persists or you’re not able to receive the password reset email, I’d kindly recommend logging a ticket with our Support team since this involves account-specific and sensitive info. 

Let me know of any updates on the matter. 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Hi Belal1 - as has been said please log a ticket, but, please note that Dropbox have publicly said on here that without access to the email account to authenticate you they wont be able to give you access to the account again for safety reasons.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
    Belal1 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?