cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an unauthorized charge and I need a refund. What can I do?

Re: Money

Daphne
Dropboxer

I'm sorry to hear about the situation @leo3221.

Since you have a similar issue as the OP here, I've moved your post to this thread.

When you have the chance, you can follow these steps to submit a ticket with our Support team to look into this.

Let me know if you have any trouble with this!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Dropbox basic accounts and direct debit

as26
New member | Level 2

Hello, 

I was taken at the end of October when I didn't subscribe to anything.
What can I do?

Re: Dropbox basic accounts and direct debit

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for reaching out to us here @as26!

When you have the time, please check out Lusil's post here, and let me know if you have any questions.

Hope this helps!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Support multiple unauthorized & unknown charged

Pmppopa
Explorer | Level 4
Had no idea what dropbox was let alone had opened & authorized multiple payments. I check every device in household even children and not one has a app email or web browser history for dropbox. I was given no option but to create an account in order to contact support and have submitted 3 notification and requested resolution thru contacting all have not been answered how can I get to proper support are these charges aren't minimal they total617.17 and are still being charged even after notifying support.

Re: Support multiple unauthorized & unknown charged

Daphne
Dropboxer

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with this @Pmppopa, I'd be happy to help out!

Could you share with me the ticket number that you received when you reached out to the team, so I can check on this from my side?

Also, when you submitted the tickets to our support team, did you do through this page by filling out the "Submit a help request" at the bottom?

If not, please can do so from that page to make sure that your case reaches the right department.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Why am I still being charged after cancelling my account??

pissedoffformercustomer
New member | Level 2

I have cancelled my dropbox subscription now TWICE, first time I was told by dropbox "They are sorry" but they cannot refund me for the months they charged regardless of my cancelletion months prior. I cancelled for a second time in Febraury of this year and have been charged regardless every month since. I have no idea why dropbox insists on stealing my money and making it virtually impossible to reach someone for customer service and support. I have been charged 11.99 for 10 months totaling 119 dollars. My phone's app store shows, with dates, when I cancelled the subscription and even called my bank to dispute these charges, which they partially reimbursed, but only for 4 months, which still leaves me out of 70 dollars.

Pmppopa
Explorer | Level 4

I appreciate your prompt response I have for occasions where I've tried to make contact and have sent messages the first one I don't know what I did because it's not showing or did I receive an email acknowledging receipt of it however the other three do have ticket numbers the first being on:

10/30 ticket #11545242

11/03 ticket #1563089

11/04 ticket #11565762 I submitted

Screenshot_20201104-161853.png actual transactions info in last support reques

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for the ticket number @Pmppopa, I've just passed along your comments to my colleague who is handling your case.

They'll be able to check on this with you in more detail and will assist you from there.

I'm really sorry to hear about your circumstances @pissedoffformercustomer!

Can you just clarify for me, were the charges made directly from Dropbox, or through the app store on your phone (Google/Apple)?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Re: I have an unauthorized charge and I need a refund. What can I do?

Diane Aronov
Explorer | Level 4
It took me going to financial institution and drop box billing to solve. Daphne told me what to do. Thank you.

Pmppopa
Explorer | Level 4
Directly from drop box first thing I checked was the entire family's google subscription there weren't any. The charges were directly from drop box as far as I'm can see it's over 617$ I appreciate you forwarding along
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
    rparker200 Explorer | Level 3
    tesiG New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?