cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have my Dropbox folder sync to iCloud as well?

Can I have my Dropbox folder sync to iCloud as well?

GillesB-EXO
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello,

I would like to have one of my Drop box folder (Business edition) save also on iCloud. 

In my company we have a "Private folder" on which we have some Information such as Pay Slips, Expense reports and so on. I would like this one to be synced with my icloud folder.

How can I do that?

Best regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Not with Dropbox and not easily or without causing possible data loss I'm afraid.

You are going to have to manually copy and paste the data over between the two whenever you want to get the data between the two.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Not with Dropbox and not easily or without causing possible data loss I'm afraid.

You are going to have to manually copy and paste the data over between the two whenever you want to get the data between the two.

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

GillesB-EXO
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Yep, This isn't very cool...

Luiz-BR
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Olá,

Sim poderá efetivar a sicronização. Basta ir no site www.icloud.com entra no icone Icloud Drive e adicionar (icone carregar) a pasta do Dropbox  que será sicronizada. O computador onde estará a pasta a ser siconizada, deverá ter o icloud instalado.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Note the above can cause massive data loss and corruption as both tools will be trying to lock the data to sync it. It is STRONGLY recommended you do not do this. There are lots of posts on here from people who have lost stuff by doing that.

Luiz-BR
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Creio que a perda de dados e corrupção, só ocorre quando não salva as alterações do arquivo.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
No it isnt, its as I said that both iCloud and Dropbox will try and lock the file for syncing reasons as will the program you are using. All of those locks can cause issues.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Luiz-BR New member | Level 2
    GillesB-EXO Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?