cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"there was an error downloading your file"

"there was an error downloading your file"

Heather S.32
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi,

I am having issues downloading a folder in Dropbox. It comes up with the error "there was an error downloading your file". It doesn't seem to matter what computer/browser/internet I use.

Does anyone have any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ross_S
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there,

Is there by any chance a comma in the file name? If so try removing that.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Find Answers section here. ]

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Trinity C.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Sounds like you are using the web interface, whereas normally the files/folders are already on your computer.

Richard S.58
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Clearly Heather S. has moved on, and I wish her well.  I choose to comment now because this is the first post I saw when I Googled Drobox "there was an error downloading your file".

Dropbox can be used without having an account, which is to say that other folks can share links or directories with you and you just go there and get some content.  Of course Dropbox tries to get you to log in, but you can still say "no thanks".  There is  a "web interface".

This is good for people like me who don't want to install a Dropbox client, and who insist on using Linux as their first and ONLY operating system and so who are used to clients for the Win/Mac world not working.  

In my case, Google Chrome (Specifically 38.0.2125.111 Built on Ubuntu 14.04 running on Linux Mint 17, 64-bit) simply stopped working with Dropbox (got download errors on every file I tried) ... who knows why.  

I switched to Firefox (Specifically Firefox 33.0 "Firefox 1.0 for Linux Mint") and downloading works again.  I would recommend that every user, on every OS always keep a couple of browsers around and try the alternate browser trick whenever having problems with a web-site.  As security inevitably "improves" on the web, browsers will break.

jinujawad
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I had the same issue. I installed the dopbox client in my pc and selected to download that folder only.

I got the file without any error...

nappula12
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have also the same problem. 

Ross_S
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there,

Is there by any chance a comma in the file name? If so try removing that.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Find Answers section here. ]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Richard S.58 New member | Level 1
    Trinity C. New member | Level 1
    Ross_S Dropbox Staff
    nappula12 New member | Level 2
    jinujawad New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?