cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I see a specific folder's activity on my account?

How can I see a specific folder's activity on my account?

jrae
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi- I am trying to see the activity on a folder in dropbox. Whats the best way to go about that? Or is this something only admins can do?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @jrae, thanks for posting us on our Community on your file-activity inquiry! 

As an initial point of reference, you may keep in mind that while Dropbox Business admins can monitor their team’s activity through the Activity reports on their admin console, individual users can see file activity if they own the files in question or have edit permissions. 

Of course, if you’ve made changes that affected a large number of files, you could check back on that from your Events page, where you see any file additions/ deletions/ edits in shared folders.

Please do let me how these options work for you or if you had something else in mind & I’ll make sure to follow-up with you & address any further inquiries you may have. Thanks again! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @jrae, thanks for posting us on our Community on your file-activity inquiry! 

As an initial point of reference, you may keep in mind that while Dropbox Business admins can monitor their team’s activity through the Activity reports on their admin console, individual users can see file activity if they own the files in question or have edit permissions. 

Of course, if you’ve made changes that affected a large number of files, you could check back on that from your Events page, where you see any file additions/ deletions/ edits in shared folders.

Please do let me how these options work for you or if you had something else in mind & I’ll make sure to follow-up with you & address any further inquiries you may have. Thanks again! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

jrae
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks Jane! 

That does help.. I clicked on the link for file activity and cannot find the arrow. 

Can you assist?

1. Click "→" (arrow icon) to show the sidebar.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Sure @jrae!

If you got to your filestructure> you’ll have to locate the file you’d like to look into in more detail> Click on it & once it opens, you should be able to see the file activity tab on the top-right hand corner> Click on Activity as below: 
Screenshot 2018-08-31 at 12.20.21 AM.png

I hope this is what you were looking for, though please keep me posted if you'd need any additional info!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

pompgpa1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello, can anyone please tell me if there's a way to get updated on activities relating shared files? Like a popup or a notification mail, or message? Thank you for sharing. Rob 

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey Rob (@pompgpa1), I’ve moved your post under this discussion, which may address your initial sharing-related inquiry. Kindly refer to the resources I’ve linked above whenever you find some spare time & let me know if you have any additional questions about any of the above; it’ll be a pleasure to further clarify. Have a wonderful rest of your day until we talk again! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

pompgpa1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Tnx Jane, that sums it up nicely. Great and swift help.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Perfect Rob (@pompgpa1); feel free to nudge us again in case you have any questions or thoughts & take care until we talk again! :unicorn:

Jane
dropbox.com/support

stevesa
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I can't find it either!!!!

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @stevesa, can you elaborate a bit on that for me please? Do you have the same inquiry as the OP on this thread or a different one? Also, are you referring to any of the advice I had posted previously? Thanks in advance for any clarification! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropbox Staff
    kazzaroni Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?