cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After updating Dropbox won't show up in Bridge

After updating Dropbox won't show up in Bridge

the1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I use Adobe Bridge in my daily workflow and after the Mac update I can't get dropbox to show up at all. I tried making an alias, reinstalling, showing hidden folders. Nothing works. Please help. I'm running Ventura 13.2.1 with the latest Adobe bridge software.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob1384
New member | Level 2

I solved this with two steps:

1. Enable "Show Library" in Finder (Cmd+Shift+H to open home window, then Cmd+J for view options, and check "Show Library.") Then I could navigate to User/Library/CloudStorage/Dropbox in Bridge, where the folder now lives.

2. I added that Dropbox folder to my favorites, since that path is annoying. Up and running again!

View solution in original post

26 Replies 26

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @the1, happy Thursday! 

You mentioned that you updated your Dropbox app, do you use the new macOS update on your device? If so, have you taken a look at this Help Center article, in order to allow access to your Dropbox files?

I would like for you to locate your Dropbox icon. It would be on the menu bar, next to your WiFi and hover your mouse there. That should give you the version of the Dropbox app that you use on your end. 

Let me know more!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

toddschultedesign
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

The updated Dropbox moves all your files to a hidden folder on Mac OS making it nearly impossible to navigate in Bridge. You can add Dropbox to your Favorites but the side navigation to browse files and folders is no longer available. It’s a huge impediment to my workflow, and I suspect many others given the amount of people having issues with it. I haven’t seen any good solutions, and Dropbox just links to the help article which is a way of avoiding the issue and is NOT helpful. 

SausalitoDog
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I'm really in a bind. I can no longer view any Dropbox folders or files with Adobe Bridge. I CAN view an external drive (which is in the same location as Dropbox in Finder) but cannot view Dropbox at all.

Must be some new setting I don't know about...please tell me that is what it is ðŸ™‚ I've loved Dropbox from very early in it's introduction but use it only to sync stuff between Macs...not interested in any of the fancy stuff, but now just view is "fancy" <g>

thanks

tom

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @SausalitoDog, let's jump right into this! 

As a first thing, can you clarify the version of the Dropbox app that's installed on your device? You should be able to see this, by hovering your mouse over the little Dropbox icon, on the menu bar. 

Also, does that happen with all files, and folders or some of them? Does it matter if your files are synced as online-only or available offline

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

SausalitoDog
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Megan-

Thanks for the reply...

The version I have in my menu bar is 175.4.5569

To be clear. I CAN view all files via Finder but Adobe Bridge does not show any Dropbox location. I Finder, I see Dropbox now under locations but Finder also shows Dropbox as one of my user folders. I can find the Dropbox "user" folder with another file viewer but it does not show it as a location.

thanks for your help

tom

SausalitoDog
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

whoops.. left out one answer... I went into the Location folder and changed the status of all folders to Available Offline hoping that would fix the issue, but no love for that ðŸ™‚

tom

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

HI @SausalitoDog, as the Dropbox folder is working normally in Finder, but not Adobe Bridge, it might be worth contacting Adobe for further information regarding this matter.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

toddschultedesign
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Megan, 

Have you tried dragging the folder or file you would like to open onto the Bridge icon in your dock? It should open and show you the location along the top, which on my computer is: /Users/[username]/Library/CloudStorage/Dropbox/... 

It will not show up on the sidebar under Folders because Dropbox is now hidden in the Library. Maybe Adobe can fix this since Dropbox can’t or won’t. 

Best of luck.

SausalitoDog
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thanks, Jay

I have emailed them but no reply yet.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

BenjaminHeller Explorer | Level 4
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    Scottyxc New member | Level 2