cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot open Google Sheet document on the Dropbox website

Cannot open Google Sheet document on the Dropbox website

dw23
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello all -

I have a Google Sheet that i created several months ago.  I have been using it (updates) several times a week.  Today, I am no longer able to open the google sheet.  I keep being directed to a page with this:

Sign in to continue
You need a Google account to access Docs, Sheets, or Slides
Please make sure third-party cookies are enabled. Learn more

Sign inCreate Google account

I am signed into my Google account and i am able to open all other files, but suddenly not this one.  I even cleared the cache/cookies and still it doesn't work.  

Any suggestions or help are welcome!
thank you

Update:  I just checked another Google document and I cannot open that one either.  It is  Doc format.  I can open up documents I created as Word Doc, but not Google Doc or Google Sheets.  These are important docs for me.  I hope i can recover them.
36 Replies 36

flowerpower39
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Wow, disabled my duck duck go extension and voila! I can now edit docs and no more annoying "sign in" prompt. you're awesome thanks so much!

Beelphegor
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This is happening to me too, I've tried different browsers, different computers, and I cannot view or create google documents. I don't have the extension mentioned here and I have never installed it, please dropbox I need support from somebody as I urgently need to access my information.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Beelphegor, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Could you try disconnecting the G-Suite integration from your account's Connected Apps tab and re-connecting it anew though the App Center?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Beelphegor
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

hi @Walter, I can't see the integration in my account's connected apps, and I don't see any button to reconnect on the App center

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry to jump in here, @Beelphegor.

Can you please send us a screenshot of the options you see in your connected apps page in your Dropbox settings?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

salinapshah
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I'm unable to open or create Google Docs or Google Sheet files in DropBox, even though 1) both my google account and dropbox account have the same email/username, and 2) my google account settings are already set up to share data the the third party Dropbox app.

I keep getting this error message (whether trying to open or create a google doc or google sheet file)...

salinapshah_0-1682024208490.png

Any other ideas??

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @salinapshah, welcome to our Community!

Have you tried to open, or create a document from a different browser, or from a private browsing window, to see if you get a different behavior? 

If I were you, I'd try copying the file and then try to preview the copy. Can you give it a go?

Keep me posted.

Megan
dropbox.com/support

asdxasdx
New member | Level 2

Hey, every time I want to open a document on www.dropbox.com with google docs, the Google login window appears. After the login, the same page reloads ("Sign in to continue..."). I tried all the possible solutions discussed in other threads (3 different browsers, same email for dropbox and google, every browser plugin deactivated, incognito mode, ...).

Can anyone help me?

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @asdxasdx, sorry to see you're having trouble.

Were these docs created in Dropbox?

And are they Google Docs or Microsoft Word files you're trying to open with Google Docs?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

asdxasdx
New member | Level 2

Thanks for the quick reply. When I create a Google doc in Dropbox (which is then stored in my Google Drive with a link to it in my Dropbox), I can open it via "Open with Google docs". But when I want to open a Microsoft Word file (whether it was created in dropbox or just uploaded from my hard drive), the Problem appears...

Need more support?