cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to send Rocketbook notes to Dropbox

Failing to send Rocketbook notes to Dropbox

avdezine
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have a couple of Rocketbook notebooks and have been syncing since December with no issues until this past weekend.

When I attempt to send my notes to any of the pre-set destinations within Dropbox I receive the error 'Failed to connect to Dropbox'.

However, when I 'check' the destinations in the Rocketbook app, there are no issues with any of the Dropbox connections, they are all operational. I am also able to connect and change the destinations within the Rocketbook app to Dropbox and folders within my Dropbox with no issues, but when I attempt to send I am again given the error. I have even revoked the permissions to Rocketbook from within my Dropbox account and then re-engaged but still nothing. 

Does anyone have any thoughts on this or other ways to troubleshoot? Thanks in advance for the support!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mskatal
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
I think that they made it!
Download the Rocketbook Update and check it.

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

I'd suggest asking Rocketbook for help - it sounds like their API could have a fault

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @avdezine, as @Mark suggested, most likely there needs to be a change in their app on how it connects to the Dropbox API.

There might have been a recent change on their end which is preventing it from working correctly.

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

avdezine
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
thank you both. I did reach out to Rocketbook and they are on it!

Mskatal
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
I’m new with Rocketbook - have the same problem (everything works perfect - but it doesn’t save) - for the time being I define one icon so it will send e-mails to a Dropbox new recipient address that keeps the attached to a new folder in drop box but then I only have one Rocketbook folder in Dropbox. I will be happy to know if Rocketbook solved it for you.

avdezine
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Rocketbook is still working on a solution but I will keep this thread updated if I hear anything else.

raormsby
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Great, I'm having the same issue.  

Tborg
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Same issue here. Appreciate the updates.

Eyebeams
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Absolutely the same issue - this is now a ‘thing’ that needs to be resolved - and quickly.

Mskatal
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
A. We should all write to Rocket book.. Dropbox claim that they are not responsible. (I wrote them in my country, said they would check it but didn’t return yet).
B. Can this be related to the system (I’m using iOS)?
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

avdezine Helpful | Level 6
    Eyebeams Helpful | Level 6
    raggiemust Helpful | Level 5
    Mskatal Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?