cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Salesforce Integration - Adding new folders are only personal

Salesforce Integration - Adding new folders are only personal

mmpUCG
Explorer | Level 4

We have a salesforce integration and at some point in the last year something changed so that when users add a few folder it is only added to their personal folders instead of the company one where everyone can view the content and add to it.

We have a centralised structure for all these folders but now have to manually move them after creation to make them visible to all.

Does anyone know how I can change this default setting? Salesforce tells me I need to ask Dropbox. 

Thanks.

11 Replies 11

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @mmpUCG, thanks for reaching out to the Dropbox Community.

This is actually an expected change; if I'm not mistaken, this started happening after your team was moved to the new version of Dropbox Business, correct?

The 'Salesforce Documents' folder that is saved in the team member folder, will need to be shared with the team, in order for them to access it. 

Any existing 'Salesforce Documents' in the team space will need to be moved to the new member folder version of the folder for the team to access through Salesforce.

I hope this clarifies things, but let me know if you have any questions. 

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

mmpUCG
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks. I have now moved the sales force folder into the Teams folder. 

We are still not able to view the folders within it through sales force though. Only directly through dropbox.

I guess I might need an overall guide for the integration between the two. Does that exist?

Thanks for your help so far.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Here's a user guide for the Dropbox for Salesforce integration, @mmpUCG!

If you do have other questions, though, please let us know.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

mmpUCG
Explorer | Level 4

Hi thanks.

I've read through the guide, but honestly we are going in circles. The Salesforce folder has been moved into teh teams folder but when we create folders inside of Salesforce then they are being created inside a personal Salesforce folder within our personal dropbox accounts.

I don't see how to change the settings within Salesforce to use the teams folder as the root. 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

I understand your frustration, @mmpUCG.

As I mentioned, this is expected, so there's no setting that will allow you to change this.

The sharing of the folder is basically the workaround, however, I will pass your comments to our team, so thanks for your feedback.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

mmpUCG
Explorer | Level 4

Oh, I actually didn't understand that was the norm. I though moving the Salesforce folder into the teams folder would resolve it and everyone would be able to see the contents.

That's really disappointing.

What is actually the purpose of the Salesforce integration then if we cannot collaborate as a team?

As far as I can tell the only 'benefit' is to be able to create a folder within Salesforce... but then no one else can see it, use it or add to it now?

Is that correct or am I missing a vital piece of the puzzle?

It all used to work so beautifully for us.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @mmpUCG, sorry to jump in here.

I'm not sure if you're familiar with this Help Center article and this one. Could you have a look and let us know if they help at all?

Also, did you disconnect the Salesforce integration and reconnect it to your account after migrating to the new structure for your team account? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

mmpUCG
Explorer | Level 4

Hi there,

I am reviewing the help articles here: https://help.dropbox.com/integrations/salesforce-advanced.

In particular, this section is describing what is happening accurately, but it is the opposite of what we want to happen. We want created folders to be shared and visible to all users. I do not see specific instructions on how to make this happen?

Notes:

• If you have Follow Salesforce Sharing enabled for objects with a Private Organization-wide sharing default, a Private Salesforce Documents folder will be created upon adding files/folders via the Dropbox component to new records. This folder will only be added to the record owner’s Dropbox account

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Selecting 'All of Dropbox for Object' and 'Dropbox for Object' give different visibility into a signed-in user's Dropbox account from Salesforce. 'All of Dropbox for Object' gives access to the user's entire Dropbox folder, regardless of which record they're viewing. They can view and modify all of their Dropbox folder from the Dropbox for Salesforce integration. 

For more information, you can take a look at this Help Center article under the 'What's the difference between 'All of Dropbox for Object' session at the end of the page.

I hope this helps @mmpUCG 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    mmpUCG Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?