cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you on accessibility tools and features for Dropbox - get involved in the conversation here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Error 403: disallowed_useragent" when trying to sign in to Dropbox to access Excel file

"Error 403: disallowed_useragent" when trying to sign in to Dropbox to access Excel file

Jojo26
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Please help.

I'm using a Pixel 6 with Android version 12 updated 7/5/22.
I was trying to open an excel file on Dropbox with Excel.

It then brought me to this page saying "Sign in to Dropbox to link with Microsoft Office Integration" in the Excel app.

I chose "Sign in with Google" since that's how my Dropbox was setup.

After entering my email and password, it told me "You do not have any security keys registered for this account.", so I chose "Try another way".
Then I chose "Tap Yes on your phone or tablet", which then caused Google to send me a notification asking "Are you trying to sign in?"
I chose "Yes, that's me.", then the Authorization Error page showed up, with the following message:

Authorization Error
Error 403: disallowed_useragent
You can’t sign in from this screen because this app doesn’t comply with Google’s secure browsers policy. If this app has a website, you can open a web browser and try signing in from there. You can let the app developer know that this app doesn’t comply with Google’s secure browsers policy.
Learn more
Request Details
The content in this section has been provided by the app developer. This content has not been reviewed or verified by Google.

If you’re the app developer, make sure that these request details comply with Google policies.
access_type: offline
response_type: code
redirect_uri: https://www.dropbox.com/google/authcallback
state: AEUsuIs8OQySq1VSFnon67dFc_FydDewiIszVox3FZgRq5c-QhRqMi982uAgntpnaf2s1KTir_WkS530pyHg0XyHzXmHFOlISfz-aW94r3p95Ig6tkV1j0PIdHGEm2Vhve1scZi3cu_z54DwvTIGwf27CpygqOI0g0am4hapKJobvtq0i454NQcOab64_numvj6MJjEWB1Kerj1WaYvV1VTTLd18JsS8AGqZaJNee3-j7QAKHUbQSVoPwEL_Lm0PqrUhfNUDidwIlEDD1NgAfEoegRYvlJz4W9co6FCW0S071X54bkpQhL0OglfZpdGMBfb-ZSoPrXugIQGVIl8TDK67GRwsU75fUrpBAWuiMJ3FZB6Fly86HO8rrDAig3erLc7kym7D0ROc3t0pBjho2uKfGbPKI1oDrizEI4BsWFZ0Mu6ZwWS0VvpflM4mIuyhIJ-fRY3RoFDAlaOT5QmkURgMTg9S6-EOJCFxRzNvzk1E2OJO4PZ-rLXad0orJ_CpdhFhMEbQDHRZyKqc29oGMXAj9HKeZHswwU6uIp99dTT966IHvourCbQPWzDhQQ8abDahwVxr36bYyYtelB2SlN15tTAVhJqNxOIkGR67yLPH-D9Hnhr-T0tXqg2gyRsWUTrP_smAzslRn8nrCayPeA4zHC62vXikjmjgdyCAeucqZgKZdSZTgWvKfWdiwWplCGbL7yKrKo6LNd2CwYe9b4uG
prompt: select_account
client_id: 801668726815.apps.googleusercontent.com
include_granted_scopes: true
scope: https://www.googleapis.com/auth/userinfo.email https://www.googleapis.com/auth/userinfo.profile https://www.googleapis.com/auth/contacts.readonly https://www.googleapis.com/auth/contacts.other.readonly openid 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jojo26
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Sorry I don't know what happened, but when I tried the same thing today, it did not ask me what app to open the file with and directly opened it with Excel.
It asked me if I would like to link Dropbox to either Microsoft or Google (I didn't read carefully), then the file opened without much problem.

View solution in original post

39 Replies 39

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Jojo26, thanks for reaching out to our Community.

I've found this article on the Microsoft support page, can you take a look and let me know if it helps at all?

Thanks.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Jojo26
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Sorry I don't know what happened, but when I tried the same thing today, it did not ask me what app to open the file with and directly opened it with Excel.
It asked me if I would like to link Dropbox to either Microsoft or Google (I didn't read carefully), then the file opened without much problem.

dechiaroma
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I am having the same issue. New phone. Dropbox app working on the phone, successfully connected in my dropbox account which was set up via a Google account. However, when I enter Office and try to add a place (and then, Dropbox) I have to login again and get the error. Tryied to reboot, clear cache, pray, nothing is working

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @dechiaroma, sorry to see you're having trouble with this. 

Did you check out the article I hyperlinked in my previous reply, to see if it's helpful at all?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

dechiaroma
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

This is a new phone, all apps are the last version (I checked). Funny that dropbox app connects. Office also connects and also works fine to open files on other folders. Chrome is also last version. The problem occurs when I try to open a file on a dropbox folder, it requests that I connect AGAIN to dropbox (apparently it does not see I am already connect via the dropbox app). This also happens if I try to go to Office and "add a place" to add dropbox folders. So then it requests AGAIN tat I connect on my dropbox account. For some bad integration reason in both cases, when I click on use google to connect it requests I type user and password, and in both cases I get the same message. To check it out I did everything in the older phone, and the same problem occurs. In none of the cases Chrome seems to be used, but just confiming, Chrome also is the latest version in both phones.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @dechiaroma, could you let us know what plan you're on currently according to this page on your account?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

dechiaroma
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

right now, the free, 2gb, for 3 devices. All this effort was because I am moving to tablets/cell phones and wanted to increase my relationship with Dropbox, unfirtunately this integration is not working. 😞

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

It seems this is a specific issue related to Chrome itself when signing in, according to the Microsoft site.

Could you try their instructions there to see if this helps?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

dechiaroma
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I just think we need to start facing the bad integration problem and stop blaming others. And yes, Chrome is last version, but all this is happing OUTSIDE Chrome. So let's review the situation

1) DROPBOX app is up and running in the new device. The login uses a google account and it connects well. My plan allows for 3 devices, and I have 2, computer and new phone. So, this integration works seamlessly. However, all I can do is see the files, see item 3 to understand the problem

2) OFFICE app also works well. So device has login info for OneDrive, Excel and all other software and apps from office. When I use office, I am albe to open files in any folder on OneDrive, files on local folders, open email attachements, all is good.

3) The problem occurs when I go a) to office and try to "ADD A PLACE"so I can see Dropbox folders there. --- OR --- when I open Dropbox app and try to open ANY files that belongs to Office world. In BOTH cases, I HAVE TO LOGIN TO MY DROPBOX ACCOUNT AGAIN. For some bad integration this gives the error. AND YES, I tried this is other ANDROID devices. Actually, the whole idea behind this effort is because we are moving all people to tablets and would be improving our plan on dropbox to a paid plan. But apparently Dropbox is blaming Chrome (!!!!) and this integration is bad. So we quit and we are using OneDrive which WORKS FINE. Thanks for trying to help, but sometimes is bad to blame others and try to fix the actual problem.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    phorst Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?