cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account won’t Upgrade to Plus after App Store Renewal

Account won’t Upgrade to Plus after App Store Renewal

moreolivia
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I have been using Dropbox for years and this is the first time I’ve run into this problem.

My account was downgraded because I couldn’t automatically renew.

Finally got the money to renew and tried to upgrade to Professional through the Dropbox site.

The Apple App Store then charged me for my original Dropbox Plus account renewal.

I then cancelled my Professional Account trial so I wouldn’t be charged twice.

I was downgrade to 2GB and can’t even get access to my Dropbox Plus without a prompt to pay AGAIN.

Can’t submit a billing form because the form assumes I want to cancel my App Subscription (I don’t want to cancel!!!)

Apple Support promptly responded to my request and told me to contact -guess who?? - Dropbox!!!

I need access to my account for my business and I don’t know what to do.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

moreolivia
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Just updating this in case anyone else is searching for a solution to the same problem.

If you have purchased your plan through the App Store and Dropbox is not allowing you access to your account, go to Settings (the gear mark in the top right corner) and scroll down to Restore Purchases. This works from any device you are logged in to. I couldn’t open my iPhone app but I restored from my iPad and now everything is back to normal.

Also if you need to contact Dropbox customer service, a DM on Twitter is probably the fastest, easiest way.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

moreolivia
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
To add further insult to injury, when I tried to log out and log in again it wouldn’t even let me access my files without upgrading to a plan I ALREADY PAID FOR!

moreolivia
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Just updating this in case anyone else is searching for a solution to the same problem.

If you have purchased your plan through the App Store and Dropbox is not allowing you access to your account, go to Settings (the gear mark in the top right corner) and scroll down to Restore Purchases. This works from any device you are logged in to. I couldn’t open my iPhone app but I restored from my iPad and now everything is back to normal.

Also if you need to contact Dropbox customer service, a DM on Twitter is probably the fastest, easiest way.

JosTree
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Since support is 100% useless I’ll try this here. I am trying to upgrade my plan to plus in the iOS app. I do the trial, finish the subscription purchase through iTunes, it says purchase complete, then says failed to upgrade. I am still subscribed and would eventually get charged through iTunes, but it won’t actually upgrade to the benefits I’ll be charged for

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @JosTree, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Have you tried to restore your purchase?

You'll find this option if you open the Dropbox app, tap on "account", then on the gear icon and then on "restore purchase".

Let me know how it goes.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

tararobinphotography
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Same! And can’t get through to support.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @tararobinphotography, sorry to see you're having trouble.

Can you give us some more info on the exact issue?

Did you pay for an upgrade, but the plan hasn't been updated?

And if so, did you upgrade your account through our website or the mobile app?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    tararobinphotography New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    JosTree New member | Level 2
    moreolivia New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?