cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic plan but being charged

JaGatorEd
New member | Level 2

I have been charged $20 for the last 3 months but I am on the basic plan. Why? And how can I get a refund?

29 Replies 29

Rich
Super User II

@JaGatorEd wrote:
I have been charged $20 for the last 3 months but I am on the basic plan. Why? And how can I get a refund?

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should be contacting your bank.

cherylmartin10
New member | Level 2

I don’t remember whether I signed up directly or through the app and have tried to cancel on both my iphone and my laptop.  Laptop instructions say there is a cancel option at bottom of the settings/plan page.  I see none.  Admin console doesn’t show up either!   It’s not listed under subscriptions in the app store. My plan page shows basic plan, but I was charged last month, so don't understand! [Removed as per Community Guidelines]

cherylmartin10
New member | Level 2

This is helpful because I have the same issue.  I wrote a few minutes ago and you responded by I couldn't reply because it timed out.  My account shows basic, but I've been charged $19.99 for two months.  I'll try the support link you suggest.  It's extremely difficult to get any live help and the instructions and ticket options end up taking WAY too much time!  Thank you!

cherylmartin10
New member | Level 2

Rich, using that link doesn't end up helping with billing issues because it requires a paid subscription to use options other than bots and those just continue to send the same links for help. 

What if someone actually has to talk to someone live??  Is that even possible?  I'm being billed monthly for a plan I don't have and I don't see an option to reach anyone to resolve it.

Do you have further suggestions?  Sure appreciate your help.

Cheryl

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @cherylmartin10, if you're been paying for a Dropbox account, can you locate the account on the card lookup page?

Was the according to your bank statement from Dropbox, iTunes, or Google Play?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

cherylmartin10
New member | Level 2

I ended up messaging on Facebook out of frustration and they linked me to someone who is helping me.  Thanks!

Viina8
Explorer | Level 3
Hi Jay,
I am experiencing the same issue - I have a basic plan but have been charged for $20/mo since Nov 2022. Can you please assist? This has shown up on my Albert budgeting app as well as my credit card statements.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @Viina8, sorry to hear about this.

Do you happen to have another Dropbox account, associated with another email address of your perhaps? 

Can you please let us know if you've tried using our self served look up tool to identify the email address that's associated with the charge?

If you did and didn't get any results or you'd like further assistance, please let us know here and we'll reach out via email to investigate further. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Viina8
Explorer | Level 3
Hi Walter,

I tried looking up the number using the tool but my statement shows a 25 digit number and not a 12 digit one. It does say Dropbox Sign, and I tried signing into my Hellosign account but don’t see any billing history there either. Please reach out via email to troubleshoot further.

Thanks!
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    shaurav New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    dragon user 2 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?