cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t select United Kingdom when upgrading from a trial

Can’t select United Kingdom when upgrading from a trial

12Louise
Helpful | Level 5
I have a basic account - I’m in the UK. I have upgraded to 2TB as a trial to use the Backup feature. I’m trying to add my payment info so that my trial to subscription is smooth when the trial ends on 16th Jan, however I’m unable to select Uk in the country drop down list. Error reads “you can’t change to a country with a different currency.For help please contact support” all my cards are UK and trying PayPal doesn’t seem to change the outcome. How will I be able to pay for my subscription if I cannot select UK?
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

12Louise
Helpful | Level 5

Update - this has now been resolved with support. Essentially they cancelled my trial plus subscription and I re-purchased the subscription/upgrade. All worked fine. It’s still unknown as to how I was limited in the first place from selecting the correct billing country, but a solution has been found!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @12Louise, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Did you upgrade to a trial from the Dropbox site directly, or via the mobile app?

According to this page, does it show a currency for the trial?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

12Louise
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Jay, I believe I upgraded to the trial from the

Desktop App.  The page you've linked me to displays a 404 error.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Apologies, there was a typo in the link, it should be correct now. Do you mean you clicked a link in the desktop app, and it opened the Dropbox site to upgrade to a trial? 

Jay
dropbox.com/support

12Louise
Helpful | Level 5
Hi Jay. The link works now and the currency showing in the trial invoice in the Billing tab is US dollars.

“Do you mean you clicked a link in the desktop app, and it opened the Dropbox site to upgrade to a trial?” Yes that’s correct.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the info, as this is related to sensitive billing info, I’d recommend getting in contact with our support team directly to look into this matter in more detail. 

If you can't access the support options from this page, you can try opening an incognito/private browsing window, while not signed into your account, and accessing this link, choose 'Other' and then put in an email address that you can access, followed by your billing info.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

12Louise
Helpful | Level 5

Update - this has now been resolved with support. Essentially they cancelled my trial plus subscription and I re-purchased the subscription/upgrade. All worked fine. It’s still unknown as to how I was limited in the first place from selecting the correct billing country, but a solution has been found!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

12Louise Helpful | Level 5
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?