cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud! Dropbox or someone called Dropbox took 119,88 Euro from our credit card! Help!?

Fraud! Dropbox or someone called Dropbox took 119,88 Euro from our credit card! Help!?

jesper Fohrmann
Explorer | Level 4

First of all - why is there not a DEEP-LINK for people like us who have been a victim of credit card fraud on DROPBOX - It is not only us but many other users who experience a gauntlet of red-tape to get in contact with support to get DROPBOX to act on fraud made through DROPBOX

We have and have had a BASIC account with DROPBOX for many years - With the basic account, we are not immediately able to get in contact with DROPBOX support.

Never the less someone could pull 119.88 € from our credit card - claiming to be DROPBOX

We have never given our credit card details to DROPBOX?

So DROPBOX is presumably a hub-station for fraudulent activity

Does this play into the breach of personal data that DROPBOX was involved in 2016?

Dropbox. 68 million Dropbox user accounts were compromised in 2016. The attackers exploited an improperly secured employee password to obtain email addresses and hashed and salted passwords from breached accounts that were created in 2012 and earlier. 

We want DROPBOX to contact us - directly to get things resolved immediately

We also recommend that you make a FRAUD LINK on your homepage
12 Replies 12

Not applicable

E-mail them - because you will need to have ALL communcation in writing  - secondly let your card company know if you have not already. If you paid on a credit card (which you must hae done in the past otherwise the card company has been hacked too) then they are responsible as much as you. Just be glad it's a credit card, had it been a debit card well you would have been screwed!

jesper Fohrmann
Explorer | Level 4

pcoventry - Thank you for your words...the problem is there is no link to DROPBOX email ...if I am on Basic account termes ...direct contact doesn't seem to be a possibility - So if anyone has an email to their FRAUD department ...I would be very happy to get that - Thanks

Not applicable

Message a Moderator? I am sure you get some support as a free loader!?

jesper Fohrmann
Explorer | Level 4

Anonymus - Thank you for the suggestion ...I am not going to spend your time ...but let alone contacting a moderator ...where and how would a ...know nothing about DROPBOX interface get about doing that?

jesper Fohrmann
Explorer | Level 4

AND WHY IS DROPBX NOT MAKING CONTACT??

eduxs7
New member | Level 2

I've just had the same problem. I did my subscription by paypal one year ago. But I didn't want to continue so i just cancelled months ago before they charged another year payment.
So surprise yesterday they charged me again a new payment. I complain to paypal but they said it was correct and cancelled my ticket. Dropbox doesn't give me an answare. I'm sure that i won't get back my money but at least people will know what they are! Scammers!

Rich
Super User II

@jesper Fohrmann wrote:

We have never given our credit card details to DROPBOX?

You'll need to contact Dropbox Suport directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should be contacting your bank as well.

jesper Fohrmann
Explorer | Level 4

eduxs ...I am sorry to hear about your problems...and your problem seems just as ...out of order in a commons business sense - it is not exactly as we see our problem...Our problem lies in the fact that we have never given any credit card details to Dropbox...what so ever ...even so, Dropbox or someone else using Dropbox credentials have managed to get our bank to pay them 119,88 Euro for a service of some form relating to Dropbox...as I see it the breach of personal data from DROPBOX (see below) is connected with this issue ...and maybe yours

Dropbox Breach: Worse than Believed

Dropbox's Aug. ... Technology news site Motherboard reports that it obtained a sample of the data that hackers allegedly stole from Dropbox and that it contains details relating to 68.7 million accounts, including email

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/aug/31/dropbox-hack-passwords-68m-data-breach

In some way or another, some form of crime is done through DROPBOX - And I can not understand why DROPBOX doesn't reach out and get on with their own criminal investigation before lawsuits are put forward...

DROPBOX is a great service and we have recommended it to many affiliates - it is beyond common comprehension why such a well-branded company would risk its name pulled into the mud

jesper Fohrmann
Explorer | Level 4

Rich ...Thank you .... for your time and answer...much appreciated ..... I hope someone from DROPBOX is looking at this line of communication regarding fraud/DROPBOX and then plan to make a link where users can come forward with their concern and problems...without having to dodge red-tape obstacles en mass 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Golden boy New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    Larues New member | Level 2
    jesper Fohrmann Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?