cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help finding which account I'm being billed for

I need help finding which account I'm being billed for

LukasLarsen
Explorer | Level 3

WHERE CAN I TALK TO SOMEONE AT DROPBOX????????

I have spent like 20 minutes trying to find some way to talk to someone as I have been charged the last 2 months for Dropbox, when I did not even know I had an account.. I had to make one to try to find the support team... I need to find out what account is connected to my card!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

I’m sorry to hear about this, @LukasLarsen

Can you please check your bank statement for me, and let me know if the charges are directly linked to Dropbox or Google Play/iTunes? 

If the former, you can go here and insert your statement’s transaction ID in the given field. It’ll show you which Dropbox account you’re being charged for.

Let me know what you find.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

I’m sorry to hear about this, @LukasLarsen

Can you please check your bank statement for me, and let me know if the charges are directly linked to Dropbox or Google Play/iTunes? 

If the former, you can go here and insert your statement’s transaction ID in the given field. It’ll show you which Dropbox account you’re being charged for.

Let me know what you find.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

LukasLarsen
Explorer | Level 3
There is no transaction ID, it only says "Google Dropbox" ..

I have my banks reference number for the transaction but that's just numbers so probably not what you are looking for..

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for checking, @LukasLarsen! It looks like the Dropbox account in question has been upgraded via Google Play then.

If you open your Google Play account, and follow these steps, are you seeing the Dropbox subscription you're being charged for, along with the option to cancel it?

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

LukasLarsen
Explorer | Level 3
Nope, I do not have any subscriptions for Dropbox, but I have been charged the last couple of months..

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hmm, I see. Besides the email address that appears here, do you have any other emails that could be linked to a separate Dropbox/Google Play account?

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

LukasLarsen
Explorer | Level 3
Nope.. that's why this is weird and I would like to talk to someone not over a public forum to see what is going on..

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

It’s a bit odd, indeed. What I’d suggest as the next step, since your subscription is handled by a third-party service (in this case, Google) and not Dropbox, is to get in touch with their support team directly. 

They should be able to locate the account for which you’re being billed and guide you from there. 

If you still have any trouble after that though, please let us know here and we’ll check if there’s something else we can do.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

LukasLarsen
Explorer | Level 3
... I just closed my card to stop the charges and won't be using your service seeing how awful it is to try to get in touch with customer service.. I am forced to talk to someone on a public forum for a multi billion dollar company because you can't even give out a customer support email address? What is happening?

I know it's not up to you though and thank you for trying to help me take care of this but this was just way too much of a headache..

DrewOstendorf
New member | Level 2

I'm having a similar issue. I've been getting charged $11.99 from Dropbox for the last few month. I have a couple of accounts - one associated with a personal email address and one with a business email - both are Basic accounts with no billing history to be seen when I login to the accounts. When I try to lookup the purchase by Transaction ID, last 4 of the card charged and its expiration date, I keep getting a message asking me to enter the last 4 and expiration of the card (even though I've already entered them). I've tried inputting the Transaction ID for each of the previous 2 months that I've been billed. I would like to cancel these charges, but I have no idea which account they're associated with.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    DrewOstendorf New member | Level 2
    LukasLarsen Explorer | Level 3
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?