cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I want to cancel my subscription and get my money back.

I want to cancel my subscription and get my money back.

redmoca233
Explorer | Level 3

So my Dropbox Professional subscription trial, started on 10/2/2022 and ended on 13/3/2022. Afterwards, I was billed AU$306.90 on 13/3/2022 for a subscription renewal which should last from 13/3/2022 to 13/3/2023. That I am sure that I am well noted and was willing to pay for this one year subsciption. However, I quickly decided I not need that much space and applied for cancellation, which I swear should have happened, but somehow didn't. Now, I am being charged another AU$306.90 on 13/3/2023 without me acknowledging it. Please, if someone knows what to do to get my refund back and downgrade my account back to the free plan, that would be absolutely amazing. I just want my money back.

6 Replies 6

Mark
Super User II

You can have a look at https://help.dropbox.com/plans/refund and contact support at www.dropbox.com/support

It is worth pointing out that Dropbox does send multiple emails before subscriptions renew to let people know its happening so it isnt a shock.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

redmoca233
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks Mark, I'll check the urls you sent. Dropbox sent me one single email informing I'm getting charged on the 13th of Feburary and that's it, it got drowned in the other "we noticed a login" emails. I was not sent a receipt or notification that the transaction has been made, too.

Mark
Super User II

Dropbox doesnt, and never has, sent receipt emails (that one is quite a common complaint)

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Elsande3241
New member | Level 2

im wanting to cancel my subscription, I didn't realize it was going to be an all at once payment of $119 and don't have the means to pay for that right now. im wondering if I cancel my subscription, will I get all my money back? it was just charged yesterday

Rich
Super User II

@Elsande3241  a écrit :

im wanting to cancel my subscription ... if I cancel my subscription, will I get all my money back?

If you cancel now you wouldn't be refunded. What you would be cancelling is the automatic renewal at your next billing cycle (next year, most likely). You'd retain your account benefits until then, at which point your account would downgrade back to Basic.

You can try contacting Support, but in most cases, payments for Dropbox subscriptions aren’t refundable.

WilliamBurnss
Explorer | Level 3

checking Dropbox's support page is a good start. It's worth noting that Dropbox doesn't send receipt emails. However, reviewing your account details and reaching out to support can provide clarity. Elsande3241, contacting Dropbox Support may offer options for your situation.

Need more support?