cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Something went wrong message when trying to pay for upgrade

Something went wrong message when trying to pay for upgrade

Catalyst-of-Awesomeness
Helpful | Level 6
I have been directed to seek your help paying for an upgrade on my account.

I get the same error no matter what computer, or browser (even incognito).
It allows me to enter all my payment info, but the black box is spinning and the submit button is grey and there is a pop-up that says 'Something went wrong. Please refresh.'

I was direct here when the support request by email only allowed for cancellations or refunds, which seemed to mystify the person advising me via chat.
106 Replies 106

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Catalyst-of-Awesomeness, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

May I ask if you've tried an alternative payment method to upgrade your account? 

Can you maybe send us a full-page screenshot of the last page you can get so that we can have a visual too? 

Thanks so much!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Catalyst-of-Awesomeness
Helpful | Level 6

It never gets to accepting payment ANY method, so it's not related to that.

See the screenshot:

-This is what happens the moment I choose a plan and it moved to the payment page.

-The box on the right will spin for hours and the window at the top says, "Something went wrong. Please refresh the page or contact customer support."

-You can see the purchase box is greyed out and 'locked.' It stays that way after entering multiple cards or choosing PayPal.  

-Nothing changes it.  There is NO option to move forward.

CatalystofAwesomeness_0-1663708516106.png

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Catalyst-of-Awesomeness, do you have any proxy, VPN, firewall, security software, or even ISP/router settings that could be restricting traffic to the following Dropbox domains and preventing the upgrade from going through?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Catalyst-of-Awesomeness
Helpful | Level 6

It did occur to me that it could be my VPN, which I turned off and retried with no change. 

Then I tested the other accounts I manage.  It is not having this problem on ANY of the other dropbox accounts I manage. 

The others are available to process my payment and not pop up telling me something went wrong.

It is just on this one account.

Why is there not a better tech support system in place for this service?  I AM TRYING TO PAY YOU!!

Jay
Dropbox Staff

What account is your plan on currently according to this page?

Do you see any recent or attempted payments here?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Norfolk VHF
Helpful | Level 6

If this is phishing, they don't want you to think you have paid, because then you would expect it to show up on DB.  Check your bank to ascertain that no money went out.  I would change my password to be safe.  If you can't do that, be in touch with Support from within DB.

Catalyst-of-Awesomeness
Helpful | Level 6

There are no payment attempts.  It never gets that far along.

Apparently, there is no actual support at DB because sending me here for this conversation was their solution. 

Catalyst-of-Awesomeness
Helpful | Level 6

This is what it looks like when I am trying to upgrade the account.  I do see it says it has stopped syncing.

CatalystofAwesomeness_0-1663884713072.png

When I click the BLUE box to choose that plan it goes to the next page and this pops up

CatalystofAwesomeness_1-1663884770067.png

and box on the right just keeps spinning... like the page is loading... for HOURS

CatalystofAwesomeness_2-1663884791888.png   

ANd, this grey 'Purchase' box never becomes blue and available to click after I enter payment info.

CatalystofAwesomeness_3-1663884823621.png

Norfolk VHF
Helpful | Level 6

I have certainly had honest-to-God support at DB myself.  

Phishers will often sit on their data and wait until you have forgotten about the matter to strike.  If you have no confirmation yet from IT that they sent you that bill, I would still change my password from within DB. 

Need more support?