cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Dropbox delete a maxed out account that has been inactive?

Does Dropbox delete a maxed out account that has been inactive?

jdowns
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I had maxed out my basic plan and hadn't really been using dropbox since. i went to reference something in there and everything but ONE photo had been deleted. Why did this happen? 

Thanks!

11 Replies 11

jdowns
New member | Level 2

to clarify, it has been at least a couple years since using my dropbox.

Mark
Super User II

Hi @jdowns 

Yes, Dropbox removes accounts that have not been logged in to in the past 12 months. So any files in that account would be removed after 12 months. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

jdowns
New member | Level 2

okay thank you, that's what i thought. is there any way of restoring that? but why would one photo be left in there??

Mark
Super User II

Hi @jdowns 

No, there is no way to recover them. 

You can see what has happened on the account at www.dropbox.com/events around activity like deletions etc. It will only show the most recent ones, however. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

jdowns
New member | Level 2

It says there is no activity to show.

banko
Explorer | Level 4
Hallo guys, my Dropbox account got deactivated Almost 1,5/ 2 years ago because an issue with breaking the policies. They said there was a file inside, which is Not allowed. Now my question: u see any chance to get my account back?

Thanks!

Rich
Super User II

@banko wrote:
my Dropbox account got deactivated Almost 1,5/ 2 years ago ... u see any chance to get my account back?

No. Once an account has been deleted, there's no way to recover the account or the files that it contained.

banko
Explorer | Level 4
But they said its deactivated, isnt that sth else? Thanks for fast answer!

Rich
Super User II

@banko wrote:
But they said its deactivated, isnt that sth else? Thanks for fast answer!

Deactivated nearly 2 years ago. Accounts are deleted after a year of no activity.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

banko Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?