cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to opt out of sharing my personal data?

How to opt out of sharing my personal data?

ckrollins
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Before I could access a file that I was sent the other day, I had to agree to the cookies and personal data sharing. I found the wording confusing and could not tell if "Don't sell my info..." button turned on meant I did want it to be shared or didn't want to be shared. Well, it looks like I chose wrong and now I need to turn that button back off. Does anyone know how I do this? I've looked under all the settings I can find and do not see this option anywhere. Please help so I can take my inbox back over from all the unsolicited messages I'm receiving. Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @ckrollins, happy Friday! 

If I were you, I'd try clearing my browser's cache, then try again one more time. Can you give this one a go? 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @ckrollins, and welcome aboard the Community.

If I get this right, you’d like to manage your Dropbox cookie preferences and disable them, correct? 

In this case, you can have a look here. Also, if you scroll down to the bottom of the page, you should be seeing a link saying “Manage cookies/Cookies & CCPA Preferences”, which should allow you to edit your settings. 

If you have any questions though after that, or there’s something else you’d like to do, give me a nudge!

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

ckrollins
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thank you. When I pull up "Manage Cookies" I see the menu that I initially saw the first time, only it is missing an option that was at the top of that menu. That missing option is the one I want to deactivate. Where can I find that? When I first turned that option's button on, it made me confirm my email address and sent an email confirmation. After I confirmed that...thinking it was a confirmation that my info would not be sold...it was no longer made an option on the menu you led me to. Ever since then, I've been receiving emails from companies that I did not give my information to. This leads me to believe what I confirmed allowed for this, and I want to reverse that confirmation. Kindly advise my best next step. 

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @ckrollins, happy Friday! 

If I were you, I'd try clearing my browser's cache, then try again one more time. Can you give this one a go? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

ckrollins
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

@Megan that worked, thank you! So this is what I see...if I do not want my info shared, so I keep this enabled, or turn it off...I'm referring to the top option listed. Thank you so much and I appreciate your support 🙂 (see included photo for reference)

dropbox.png

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

ckrollins Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?