cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone died, my computer is not logged in, I do not have access to my old email address.

My phone died, my computer is not logged in, I do not have access to my old email address.

crfguitar
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Is there nothing I can do but try and contact my old email provider? I mean come on. Nothing on here but a user community and a chatbot to talk to? This is messed up. I've potentially lost years worth of recordings. Is there really nothing Dropbox can do to help? Google helped me right away. I haven't payed Google. Dropbox gets their money every month from me.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

If you know your password just log on. If you dont, or you have 2FA set up then without the recovery codes or access to the email for reset emails there is no way, at all, to recover an account without access to the email 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

If you know your password just log on. If you dont, or you have 2FA set up then without the recovery codes or access to the email for reset emails there is no way, at all, to recover an account without access to the email 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

crfguitar
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you, Mark.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

crfguitar New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?