cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No access to email to receive the security code to access my account

No access to email to receive the security code to access my account

AlexanderGj
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I had my dropbox account with my previous employment e-mail and phone. When i changed jobs i lost the access to both email and phone. I tried to access my account but it send a security code to that email. 

I still remember my password and probably more details around my account - is there any way I can reset this account in order to access it again? I had a lot of important files and documents that I would need.

Best regards,

Alexader

5 Replies 5

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @AlexanderGj, sorry to hear about this.

I'm afraid that without access to the email address in question, there's not much we can do from our end. Note that you can have a look here for possible ways to regain access to the account.

I hope this helps a tad. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Rich
Super User II

@AlexanderGj wrote:

When i changed jobs i lost the access to both email and phone. I tried to access my account but it send a security code to that email. ... is there any way I can reset this account in order to access it again?

Without access to the email address you won't be able to gain access to the account. Your best option would be to contact your former employer and ask if they can reactivate the email address, even temporarily, so you can receive the access code.

RegineS
New member | Level 2

Hi together, I am running in circles... who can help me out??? I do have the password for my dropbox account, however, it keeps sending a required "login-number" to an email-address I have no longer access to. Is there a way to login with the valid password only? The chat-bot recomends to change the email-adress - how? by logging in... very funny! hope, someone can give me a hint!

Rich
Super User II

@RegineS wrote:

I do have the password for my dropbox account, however, it keeps sending a required "login-number" to an email-address I have no longer access to.

Unfortunately, if you're being sent a one-time security code and you no longer have access to the email registered with Dropbox, there's no way to access the account unless you already have an active device signed in with which you can receive the code.

Your best option is to contact your mail provider and see if they can restore your email account so you can receive the one-time security code.

RegineS
New member | Level 2

Hi, although this was not the answer I wanted to hear 😉 thanks anyway!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

RegineS New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?