cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Access Multiple Dropbox Accounts

Unable to Access Multiple Dropbox Accounts

Ayeshakhurram
Explorer | Level 3

Subject: Urgent Help Needed: Unable to Access Multiple Dropbox Accounts

Im facing a critical issue with accessing my Dropbox accounts.
I have around 15-20 Dropbox accounts that I used to log into occasionally. However, out of the blue, I am unable to open any of these accounts except for 1-2. Each time I try to log in, Im prompted with a message that a code has been sent to my email. The problem is that my emails are not verified!
I'm a bit puzzled by this situation. If verified emails are crucial for account access, then why does Dropbox allow users to sign up without verified emails in the first place? I have a substantial amount of important data in these accounts, so regaining access is of utmost importance to me.
Any guidance, advice, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Im really eager to regain access to my accounts and retrieve my data.
Thank you in advance for your assistance!

10 Replies 10

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Ayeshakhurram, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you clarify what you mean by the emails not being verified? 

Are you referring to the email verification on the Dropbox site, or do you mean that the emails themselves don't exist?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Mark
Super User II

@Ayeshakhurram wrote:

Subject: Urgent Help Needed: Unable to Access Multiple Dropbox Accounts

Im facing a critical issue with accessing my Dropbox accounts.
I have around 15-20 Dropbox accounts that I used to log into occasionally. However, out of the blue, I am unable to open any of these accounts except for 1-2. Each time I try to log in, Im prompted with a message that a code has been sent to my email. The problem is that my emails are not verified!
I'm a bit puzzled by this situation. If verified emails are crucial for account access, then why does Dropbox allow users to sign up without verified emails in the first place? I have a substantial amount of important data in these accounts, so regaining access is of utmost importance to me.
Any guidance, advice, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Im really eager to regain access to my accounts and retrieve my data.
Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Hi @Ayeshakhurram 

Go to the email accounts and get the code which will work to log you in. You do not need the email to be verified for this to work. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Ayeshakhurram
Explorer | Level 3
Emails dont exist. On hotmail

Ayeshakhurram
Explorer | Level 3
Thats what im saying. Emails dont exist on hotmail

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Did the emails never exist, or were they deleted?

When was the last time you accessed those Dropbox accounts?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Ayeshakhurram
Explorer | Level 3
Well they never existed, i made direct dropbox accounts. I opened those accounts 5-6 months ago
I never had any problem opening them

Jay
Dropbox Staff

We always recommend creating accounts using emails you own, to avoid these situations.

I’d recommend getting in contact with our support team directly to look into this matter in more detail.

You can do this by opening an incognito/private browsing window, while not signed into your account, and accessing this link. Make sure to use an email that you can access.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Mark
Super User II

Its almost certain then the accounts are now lost unfortunately: https://help.dropbox.com/account-access/lost-email-access

However, log a ticket with support to ask for help. Make sure you are not logged in (even on the forums) and go to www.dropbox.com/support

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Ayeshakhurram
Explorer | Level 3
Can you please guide me step by step. I cant find any support option there
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    Ayeshakhurram Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?