cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't login to my account and cannot reset the password; I get an error, but it goes away quickly

Can't login to my account and cannot reset the password; I get an error, but it goes away quickly

dperonteau
Explorer | Level 4

i have been trying to login to my account.  Can't login.  Can't get a call from Dropbox unless i login first and request a call.  Vicious Circle and looping

Can't reset password.  gets an error.  But flashes so fast can't read the error.

Login error is:  Json@ position 0

How do i get a dropbox human to talk to?

This is enough to make me close my accont and move my files somewhere else.

Dale

[personal information removed per the Community's Guidelines]

25 Replies 25

Rich
Super User II

@dperonteau wrote:

i have been trying to login to my account.  Can't login.

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for sign in issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

How do i get a dropbox human to talk to?

Phone support is available for Business accounts and is accessible via a callback initiated from your Admin console. If you're unable to access your Admin console or you're not on a paid Business plan, then all support is handled through the Support page linked above.

If you are on a Business plan, open a ticket using the above information and replay back here with your ticket number. A Dropboxer might be able to check on the ticket for you.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @dperonteau, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Do you have access to the email address associated with your Dropbox account?

If so, I'd suggest you open an incognito/private browsing window, to try and reset your password from there.

Let me know how it goes.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

dperonteau
Explorer | Level 4

That is what i would call bad service.  If i provided my clients with an answer like yours above, i would be out of business.

Thanks for nothing.

Dale

Mark
Super User II

@dperonteau you've not really given anybody any info to work on here though. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

martinware
New member | Level 2

Has anyone managed to get any sense out of any of the Dropbox contacts or people????

I've explained at least three times now that the person who set up dropbox has left and whilst I know the email address used I haven't a clue about the username or password.

I've explained that the email address is no longer accessible - so I can change the unknown password because the auto reply goes to the unaccessible email address.

And they the circle starts again.

Rich
Super User II

@martinware wrote:

I've explained that the email address is no longer accessible - so I can change the unknown password because the auto reply goes to the unaccessible email address.

And that's the issue. Without access to the email address, there's no way to gain access to an account. The email address is the only way to receive the password reset information. Your best option is to try getting the email address reactivated. If it was a company email, your IT group should be able to reactivate it or set it up as an alias for another employee. You can then reset the password for the account, then sign-in to it and update the email address.

If the account was on a paid subscription you can request that the billing be canceled. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

DannyBoy23
New member | Level 2

Hi 

I've added a secondary email to my Dropbox because my primary email will be terminated in the coming months. (My decision).

When I have tried to reset my DB password using this secondly email, I receive no email inviting me to reset the password but I am still able to reset the password using my soon to be terminated primary email.

Ideally I would like to delete my primary email and just use the new email.

This is becoming more complicated than I thought it would be - please advise.

Many thanks.

Mark
Super User II

Hi @DannyBoy23 

You need to remove the secondary email and then add that as your primary one - that way it wont send to other accounts etc. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

DK57
Explorer | Level 3

I have years worth of photos under FSmail.net and cant access that email as Freeserve doesnt exist any more. I also cant access any codes sent to access my drop box. I have set one up under Gmail.com but again cant find anything to help transfer my photos? Dave

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    AleVilla New member | Level 2
    DK57 Explorer | Level 3
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Yusufi123 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?