cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I disable the push notification when copying Dropbox link from PC

How can I disable the push notification when copying Dropbox link from PC

Lynneth
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I don't want dropbox to tell me I just copied I file. I know I did, because I just told it to. 

How do I disable that? I've already gone to Windows' Action Center and disabled Dropbox' icon and notifications there, I disabled every notification in preferences->notifications for the PC program. 

Yet I keep seeing them. 

unknown.png

How do I get rid of this for good?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Lynneth wrote:

Unfortunately that's a windows 8 or 10 solution - I'm still on windows 7, apologies for not making that clear in the first post. 

If you're unable to use the Windows 7 notification settings to suppress this, then there won't be a way to do it. There's no option to do so in Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Lynneth wrote:

I don't want dropbox to tell me I just copied I file. I know I did, because I just told it to. How do I disable that? I've already gone to Windows' Action Center and disabled Dropbox' icon and notifications there ...

There is no option to disable that notification from within Dropbox. Disabling notifications for Dropbox in Notifications & Actions within Windows Settings will prevent it from showing (I just tested it).

ffacaef98577f38ccc303a322617dd0b.png

Lynneth
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Unfortunately that's a windows 8 or 10 solution - I'm still on windows 7, apologies for not making that clear in the first post. 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Lynneth wrote:

If you're unable to use the Windows 7 notification settings to suppress this, then there won't be a way to do it. There's no option to do so in Dropbox.

mgambrell
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Please add an option. The new notification is huge and disturbing. There's already a place to control the notifications "notify me about". Want to hear something funny? The "snooze" "Turn off notifications for a limited time" CAN disable this notification. So it's managed by the same engine (in other words, it's not different somehow because it's issued by the explorer integration rather than the daemon or whatever). Someone just forgot to pipe this notification through to the "notify me about" configuration.

PLEASE FIX THIS

mgambrell
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Now this thing is stuck on my screen because it popped under my mouse cursor while I was working on something and I accidentally click-mashed it and confused it.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

mgambrell Helpful | Level 6
    Rich Super User II
    Lynneth New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?