cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to remove someone from accessing our Dropbox account, however we're not a Business plan.

I need to remove someone from accessing our Dropbox account, however we're not a Business plan.

BPOP123
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

hi  we are a sporting club and are using general dropbox not business.  One of our members set up drop box for all our clubs files however this member has now left and I am not sure how to block his access to drop box.  Do i have to create a new drop box with new admin and copy all files to that? is there a way i can delete his access?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@BPOP123 wrote:

Can I remove a member from a shared folder?

If you're the owner of the share or have been given permission to manage access, yes. If not, your best bet would be to create a new shared folder, invite anyone to it that needs access, then move your data from the old share to the new share.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@BPOP123 wrote:

we are a sporting club and are using general dropbox not business.  One of our members set up drop box for all our clubs files however this member has now left and I am not sure how to block his access to drop box.

Who controls the account? Non-Business accounts don't have admins. Such accounts are intended for individuals, not groups (Family accounts an exception), so there are no admins. Access to the account is controlled via an email address and password, and anyone that has that information can sign in to the account.

If you have the ability to sign in to the account, you could change the email address and password for the account. You can then go to the Security page and disconnect any active devices or web sessions that this person may have active. That would disconnect them from the account, and without the login information, they would be unable to reconnect. Note that simply changing the password on the account will not disconnect the devices linked to the account. You need to disconnect them from the Security page.

BPOP123
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

thank you for your response.  To further clarify we all access the drop box account with our own individual emails.  So your saying unless i change his email he will have access?  I can't change his email as its his personal email?  

How can I create a new drop box account which i can share with valid users and copy all of the 'old' drop box files into the new one

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @BPOP123, how are you today?

Do you wish to remove the member from a shared folder, by any chance? 

Because if you all use individual accounts, and you don't have a Business plan, that means that you all have your own accounts. Which in this case you can't block unless you do what Rich mentioned.

Let me know more. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

BPOP123
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks for all your responses @Rich @Megan Can I remove a member from a shared folder?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@BPOP123 wrote:

Can I remove a member from a shared folder?

If you're the owner of the share or have been given permission to manage access, yes. If not, your best bet would be to create a new shared folder, invite anyone to it that needs access, then move your data from the old share to the new share.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    BPOP123 Explorer | Level 4
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?