cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you know more about files sizes, you can make more informed decisions about which files you upload and then you can maximize the space in your Dropbox Basic account?

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge Two Personal Accounts

Merge Two Personal Accounts

nbkuz92
Explorer | Level 3

I have two personal accounts.  Account A has much more storage than Account B, however, Account B is linked to my preferred email address.  Account A is linked to an email address that is provided by my ISP which I am soon going to deactivate.  How can I move my files from Account B to Acount A AND switch email addreses from Account A to Account B and B to A?

2 Replies 2

Re: Merge Two Personal Accounts

Rich
Super User II

@nbkuz92 wrote:

How can I move my files from Account B to Acount A AND switch email addreses from Account A to Account B and B to A?

Create a shared folder between the two accounts. Move the files from B into the folder, then go to A and move the files out of the shared folder to another location in A's account. This will remove the files from B. Once you have all of the files in B moved to A, you can delete account B which will free up that email address so you can use it on account A.

Re: Merge Two Personal Accounts

rashid1
Explorer | Level 4

Great.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

rashid1 Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?