cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Password reset email not received

Password reset email not received

RobySeek
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi! I created my account back in 2016-2017 and I didn't use it for a while. I changed my phone since then and now I can't login because I don't remember my password. When I try to reset it, it says that the reset email was sent but I didn't receive anything. I tried looking into the spam folder and creating a contact with no-reply@dropbox.com but nothing worked. I know this is the right email because I got a lot of mails from dropbox about my account saying that my account storage is full and I should upgrade.

111 Replies 111

Bjorn13
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi, yes that ok. I think you have my mail address ?

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Bjorn13!

Just sent you the email, reply back to me and we'll take it from there.

Cheers! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Goldfich
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Can anyone help solve the problem? Received an email - confirmed my identity, responded to it, received another email with standard instructions - and the case was closed)
And my problem remained!

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Goldfich, how are you today?

I searched for your ticket number, and your case hasn't been closed. I can see it's open and an agent will reply back to you shortly. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Bjorn13
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi @Goldfich 

Have you sorted out the password reset problem ? Seems I am in the same loop as you...

After trying to help out a neighbour get her Dropbox account up and running and giving all kind of information to support, after two weeks we ended up with a new "expert" asking exactly the same standard questioning that we find on the support pages and that has been tested all.  I even got my neighbour's email password and tested it on my own PC that get at least 5-10 spams a day, but no reset password email on my PC either. She get emails on both PC and mobile phone, and her husbands Dropbox reset works on their PC.

I find it very strange that support is unable to reset a password for a client or even delete a account with never have been used by the user as she was never able to access. The purpose for us using Dropbox is to share documents for an association of 17 houses where I am the administrator. Works perfect for all that has got Dropbox running. Almost regret that we did not go for Google Disk instead... We discussed yesterday and think the best way out of this is to get her a new email address dedicated for Dropbox and set up a new account... 

Really Dropbox - is this the best you can deliver ? (If I sound frustrated that is correct, but not crying yet 😁

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Bjorn13, happy Thursday! 

I can see that the support agent provided some steps for you to follow, however you never responded back to express that you've tried them and they didn't work. 

Had you done that, they would be able to guide you towards a different direction.

If you have any questions, let me know. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Bjorn13
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

@Megan 

Hi, the reason is that the mail was sent to the user with no copy to me. I was informed 2 days later. She do not know what to answer due to limited PC knowledge and she has asked me to help her out and confirmed that to you by email. She is were much up and running, but at 75 she do not handle PC's as we do...

But, she sent me the mail so I will reply for her.

Bjorn13
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

@Megan 

The user receive a password reset mail directly from Dropbox support and it worked. The password is reset and Dropbox is up and running.

Thanks !

jawan
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Dropbox

i am having trouble getting into admin account for dropbox, i have tried resetting password email but that never arrives.

please help. I have tried adding no-reply email to contacts as well, tried different browsers.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @jawan, thanks for posting here! 

Have you by any chance tried an incognito mode on your browser? If you haven't, would you mind giving this one a go? 

Thanks a bunch! Let me know how it goes. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?