cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck in an obese account

Stuck in an obese account

edwisch
New member | Level 2

I had account A and was invited to submit to somebody else's account B for a conference, and they gave me a different email. I changed my dropbox email accordingly.

I'm now done with account B and want to go back to A. No can do.

And I'm inundated with messages that account B is over-full.

Dropbox support was not helpful, and marked the issue resolved while I was in bed with a bad cold.

I don't need anything in Account A and would be just as happy to start over and be done with both accounts, but dropbox thinks that over-full account B is my problem

The dropbox help system does not match the dropbox screens. Specifically, I found link to other accounts but never found unlink.

????

1 Reply 1

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @edwisch - sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Can you please let us know what's stopping you from achieving what you had in mind? 

If you're looking to unlink a Dropbox account from the desktop app on your computer, you can follow these steps

Also, since you've contacted our support team about this, could you share your ticket's ID with us so that we can look it up in our system?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?