cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox nearly empty but tells me it is full

Dropbox nearly empty but tells me it is full

equitone
Explorer | Level 4

Hi,

This is very weird. I use dropbox basic, and over the many years, I've earned myself about 5GB. However, despite emptying everything out, it is saying I'm out of space.

I've tried the following:

1.Checked whether the folders existed online. They don't.

2.Uninstalled the windows application, rebooted, and re-installed. No luck there either.

I'm currently using less than 1GB, and think it must be something at the server end causing the problem.

Grateful for any help.

5 Replies 5

Rich
Super User II

@equitone wrote:

I'm currently using less than 1GB, and think it must be something at the server end causing the problem.

It won't be at the server end. Check your Backups page. If you have no backups and you've deleted files in your account, wait a few hours for your usage to be recalculated by Dropbox.

moske86
New member | Level 2

Please help me solve a problem I'm having with my dropbox account. Why is my Dropbox full with nothing on it? I keep getting notifications that the space on my account is full and there is no reason for it to be full. I have only one file that is 16mb in size, and it says that there is 2gb in storage, i.e. that I have no more free space. I don't understand what fills up the rest of the storage when I only have one file loaded, so if you could explain it to me. I already had a situation on my other accountand that's why I created this account from which I'm sending you this message, but the same problem appeared again. I hope you can help me and solve this problem because I want to continue using my dropbox normally.

Thank you.

Kind regards!

belorecu
Explorer | Level 4

My dropbox account says that I have 79Gb used from my 3,8 Gb free account. I havn´t upload that amount of files, and I cant find them to delete them. What can I so? maybe it´s an error?

equitone
Explorer | Level 4

@HAT fixed it, but I had to reformat a drive to stop it backing up. I'd somehow accidentally set it to backup one of my portable drives. I've been to the backups page on Dropbox, but can't figure out how to stop it.

Thanks I'm ;much relieved.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @belorecu & @moske86, I'd be happy to help! 

Have you checked to make sure that you don't have any shared content, that might be taking place in your Dropbox account? 

What about any active Backups?

Let me know more!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?