cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost earned storage data after downgrading subscripiton

Lost earned storage data after downgrading subscripiton

ajondexea
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I  have used drop box for many years for free and had accumulated 5.75 Gb of extra storage space from inviting friends to dropbox. For the last few years I needed more space so got a Plus account. Recently, I downgraded back to a free Basic account and, although in my history still says that I have earned 5.75Gb of storage space, my account has reverted to only the 2 gb that one gets when signing up for free.  It seems impossible to contact dropbox support.  Does anybody know how to get those lost Gbs back??? Many thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Have you accidentally activated Backups? 

www.dropbox.com/backups 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @ajondexea, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Referrals would not be removed from an account when you downgrade. You should still be able to view them on your account from this page.

Your total quota should also be shown here as well.

If you're not seeing the referrals there, please let me know!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

ajondexea
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you Jay. That was useful. I do seem to have the amount of GB from previous referrals. It seems that the problem is that that it keeps saying that I don;t have enought espace. 

I have erase everything that I can erase so I should have less than 2gb but it still says that I am using 18gb. I have erase all shared files as I have seen this may be the problem but it still tell me I am using 18gb. I cannot find anything else to erase.

I don;t know what else to do. Can you help, please?

Thanks

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Have you accidentally activated Backups? 

www.dropbox.com/backups 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Hilly77
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have exactly the same problem.  I downgraded from a large professional account to a free account. With credits for good behavior I should have had 8.25GB but instead it now says that I have, once again, 2GB.  This just doesn't seem right or fair but it seems seems to be happening to a large number of people in the system.  I would like to consider using Dropbox for my next business venture but not if it doesn't support my in this transition.  

Regards

Hilly77

Happy to reveal name and account information to actual Dropbox staff but I just can't find a single email address to write to about this problem... it looks like your system is designed this way to discourage communication.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Hilly77, could you confirm the total amount of quota on your account as displayed on this page? A screenshot of this would help greatly!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Hilly77
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 11.30.46 AM.jpg

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the image. As you can see, the total quota on your account is 8.25 GB, as you mentioned you should have on your account. Where are you seeing 2 GB for your quota?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

jldallman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have had Dropbox for years and upgraded to premium many years ago for additional storage needs. Today when I tried to access the Dropbox Folder that sinks with my online account, it was gone. Then when I went to login online, none of my folders or files are there except for 2 that I accessed last week. I have hundreds of documents in many folders as I am a teacher and need access to immediately. I was on automatic renew but am unable to see the renewal and wonder if that hasn't occurred and my account is suspended. How can I check that and retrieve my Premium Account with all of my folders. 

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @jldallman, prior to today, when was the last time you logged into the account itself? Was it over 12 months ago?

Are you certain that you've logged in using the same email used for the Dropbox account?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    jldallman New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?