cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quicken User free 5 GB space is gone

Quicken User free 5 GB space is gone

rknipe
Explorer | Level 3

I activated a coupon code several years ago for 5GB of free space that is offered to all Quicken users for file backup.  I recently noticed that I no longer have that 5 GB of extra space (and I have only one Dropbox account).  When I enter the Dropbox code that I get through my Quicken account, I get a message that the code was already used.  I'm unable to get another Dropbox code from Quicken for the free 5GB and no one at Quicken is able to resolve this issue.  Quicken Customer Support gave me a Dropbox Customer Service phone number, but when I called it, I got a strange advertisement offer for some store.  Quicken states on their product info that I'm supposed to have this Dropbox backup space as long as I have a Quicken subscription, which I currently have.  Anyone know how I can get my 5GB of free space back or how to contact someone at Dropbox to help resolve this issue?  Chatbot wasn't helpful.  I tried posting this to someone else's post about the same issue, but didn't get any reply, so I'm trying again with a new posting of my own.

6 Replies 6

Rich
Super User II

@rknipe wrote:

I recently noticed that I no longer have that 5 GB of extra space ... Quicken states on their product info that I'm supposed to have this Dropbox backup space as long as I have a Quicken subscription

The 5GB of bonus space expires after one year. When you renew your subscription with Quicken they're supposed to provide you with a new code. This is stated on Quicken's own support page for the offer. You need to contact them.

rknipe
Explorer | Level 3

I did contact Quicken Customer Support and their reply was that the offer was for a single code for the 5GB, not multiple codes each time the subscription is renewed.  Apparently, Quicken cannot provide a new code.  The Customer Support person tried for over 2 hours to resolve my issue and was unsuccessful.  Then, I asked to speak to a supervisor and he also said that they cannot provide new codes for the free 5GB.  Did someone you know receive a new Dropbox code for the free 5GB?  If so, I'd like to know how that person got it.

Mark
Super User II

There are lots of threads on here of people getting it every year, however, the promotion may have changed now. All I can suggest is looking through Google and also the terms of the promo at the Quicken site

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Rich
Super User II

@rknipe wrote:

I did contact Quicken Customer Support and their reply was that the offer was for a single code for the 5GB, not multiple codes each time the subscription is renewed.

I would call them back and point them to their own website (link I posted above) where it states the exact opposite.

From their site:

Note: The Dropbox code will provide one year of additional storage. After one year, upon your renewal of Quicken, you will receive a new code for another year of upgraded storage.

rknipe
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Mark...that's what I've been doing and why I tried going through Quicken Customer Support.  I wish there was a way for someone at Dropbox to help me fix this issue since it seems that the people at Quicken are saying they can't do anything to help.  Guess I'll need to move my Quicken backups to a different cloud service since some groups I'm with are using Dropbox and my free 2GB gets used up unless I keep deleting older Quicken backups.  I don't need the large amount of storage that's with the paid Dropbox plan...the free 5GB would have been enough.

rknipe
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Rich...thanks, maybe I'll try that.  It was a poor interaction with the supervisor there though and I'm feeling frustrated about it right now.  But the Customer Service rep guy I was initially talking to was trying to be really helpful and had contacted people in other Quicken departments to see if they could fix the issue.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

rknipe Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?