cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referrals ineligible

Referrals ineligible

Queen22
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello,

I have at least 4 people that have accepted and downloaded DB from my invitations. AFTER they did, DB suddenly marked them as ineligible. I want my space. Please help.

27 Replies 27

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @davidgomez79, let's jump right into this! 

You mentioned that you helped him install the app on his Android device. Other than his phone, did he also install the desktop app on his computer?

Keep me posted!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

davidgomez79
Explorer | Level 3

To get it done faster since his phone is in Spanish but I was slowly able to put it on his android phone its currently running on his own phone.

Rich
Super User II

@davidgomez79 wrote:

To get it done faster since his phone is in Spanish but I was slowly able to put it on his android phone its currently running on his own phone.

It needs to be installed on a computer. Phones and tablets do not count in the referral program.

Colin_posts_here
Explorer | Level 4

@davidgomez79, specifically, he needs to install the Desktop (PC or Mac) Dropbox application using the account that you invited. I believe (but not certain), it must be a PC or Mac that does not already have another Dropbox account on it. The current Dropbox promo does not support mobile devices, even if those devices are the only ones some of your contacts or family have access to.

Dropbox's purpose in giving away the free space is to increase Dropbox usage among desktop users, competing with OneDrive and Google Drive in the hope that some of those free users will shift to paid users. I realize you could argue that mobile users could also become paid users, but for whatever reason, probably that Dropbox doesn't see as high a conversion rate to paid users among mobile free-tier users, they have never offered the reward for getting a new mobile user. 

Dorian_C
Explorer | Level 3

I have a question with 2 referrals where one still just says "invitation sent" (but the person showed me that she's using it) and the other (sent at about the same time at the end of 2022) had also said "invitation sent," where he thought he was all setup, but wasn't sure, so we tried again and now it has changed to "Ineligible" and the date changed to today. Can we get credit for these? I believe they meet all the requirements: new Dropbox accounts and installs on Windows. 

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Dorian_C, I hope you're doing well! 

I'd need some account-specific info, in order to be able to check what we can do about this. Can I send you an email, in order for us to investigate further? 

Let me know! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Dorian_C
Explorer | Level 3

Yes, absolutely. Thank you!

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Dorian_C, I just sent you an email, I'll see you there!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    Dorian_C Explorer | Level 3
    Colin_posts_here Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?