cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage warnings for shared users

Storage warnings for shared users

johnsdimauro
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have a shared folder where others can only access and view (no editing or anything else). I control the folder and they can only view files. No one inputs or uploads anything except me. Clear on that?

But those users are all getting storage warnings about reaching their storage limit and to pay for more storage.

Please advise.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

Hi @johnsdimauro,

Dropbox count shared space to the quota of all participants (including the owner and all invited), that's why all need free space for the same storage. Doesn't matter how the content is shared (view only or can edit). 🤷 That's it.

Hope this clarifies matter.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

Hi @johnsdimauro,

Dropbox count shared space to the quota of all participants (including the owner and all invited), that's why all need free space for the same storage. Doesn't matter how the content is shared (view only or can edit). 🤷 That's it.

Hope this clarifies matter.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?