cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I lose files, when my HP promotion expires?

Will I lose files, when my HP promotion expires?

andrewjoemon
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I got an email that by tomorrow my dropbox space would expire soon and so I won't be able to add any new files. I got 25gb extra as part of offer. So my question is, will I lose my exisiting data since my basic storage is only 2 gb and I have used 15 more gb when I got 25gb extra. Will I only not be able to add new files or will I lose existing files also when the plan expires?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

andrewjoemon
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
I GOT IT... Yes I did login using existing account and once I realised that maybe it won't be possible to get offer, I logged out and uninstalled Dropbox as well. But when I searched for Dropbox promotion app, its not there. Only that folder of Dropbox promotion app which contains a Dropbox installer remained. I installed again and this time logged in with different account and luckily IT WORKED. I GOT THE OFFER. Thanks for all helps.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

andrewjoemon10
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I bought a brand new hp laptop and clicked dropbox promotion app and directed me to install dropbox and I installed and logged in. Also would like to mention that I had already availed this offer for same account for another hp lap bought 1 year ago. So I can understand it won't work again. But my question is, if I change my account and use different one, how can redeem the offer for the new lap. Is there any option for that? Please help.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
@andrewjoemon wrote:

So my question is, will I lose my exisiting data since my basic storage is only 2 gb and I have used 15 more gb when I got 25gb extra.

Your files won't be deleted. You won't be able to add to or change the existing content, but the file will still be accessible to you. Syncing will also stop for as long as you're over your storage quota.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@andrewjoemon10 wrote:

I bought a brand new hp laptop and clicked dropbox promotion app and directed me to install dropbox and I installed and logged in. Also would like to mention that I had already availed this offer for same account for another hp lap bought 1 year ago.

If you already claimed this promotion from a previous laptop, you won't be eligible to receive it again.

... if I change my account and use different one, how can redeem the offer for the new lap. Is there any option for that?

Since you've already installed Dropbox and signed in when prompted, you can likely no longer redeem the promotion with a different account. You can try signing out and repeating the process with a different Dropbox account, but it's likely too late.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @andrewjoemon10, thanks for messaging the Community.

Just to confirm, did you already login to the promotional app with your existing Dropbox account?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

andrewjoemon
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
I GOT IT... Yes I did login using existing account and once I realised that maybe it won't be possible to get offer, I logged out and uninstalled Dropbox as well. But when I searched for Dropbox promotion app, its not there. Only that folder of Dropbox promotion app which contains a Dropbox installer remained. I installed again and this time logged in with different account and luckily IT WORKED. I GOT THE OFFER. Thanks for all helps.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

andrewjoemon Helpful | Level 5
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    Rich Super User II
    andrewjoemon10 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?