cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Your dropbox is full" but it isn't

"Your dropbox is full" but it isn't

Solomon N.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

On Mac air with newest OS. I uninstalled the app, checked the hard drive, restarted the computer, barked at the moon, clapped twice and prayed to allah. The problem remains. 

I refuse to pay to upgrade. I cannot sync additional files. 

51 Replies 51

Solomon N.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Yes Liz can be used for anything and it works great

Pam R.5
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

this is all complete b.s.  Dropbox does not work.  I will be sure to spread the word.

Liz E.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Is there going to be any response to this from Dropbox?  Or is the plan to make free account holders into miserable users so they pay to upgrade for a potentially better service?  If so, it's not a great idea.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Is there going to be any response to this from Dropbox?

Have you contacted them yet? This is primarily a user-supported forum. While a Dropboxer does reply on occasion, most of the help received here comes from others users that volunteer their time. To get a response from Dropbox you need to open a ticket.

Open your ticket here: https://www.dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Pro users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

Liz E.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Apologies, I was under the impression that Dropbox used the forum to resolve customer problems.  I'll open a support ticket.

Solomon N.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Rich they don't respond. I've been waiting a year.

Jim M.67
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

how do I stop the constant dropbox notifications popping up?!!

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

You can try and change notifications within the Preferences menu of the Dropbox app, but, I'm not sure you can stop full notifications. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Erlend
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Everytime I start Windows (and by extension Dropbox) I get a message that my dropbox is full. My dropbox is not full and the app itself says I'm using just under 6% of my available 2 GB.  This message appears even after permanently deleting deleted files. In addition my other PC with the app does not recieve the message. A reinstall of Dropbox did not fix the issue. Is there a fix other than deleting dropbox? 

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Are you sure it isnt saying you are running out of hard drive space?

Note as well that deleted items do not use quota, so, permanently deleting files will have no effect.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lee B.29 New member | Level 2
    DaveC2 New member | Level 1
    Paul S.74 New member | Level 1
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?