cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Paper Doc url keeps redirecting to a video on the page

Dropbox Paper Doc url keeps redirecting to a video on the page

ashton_vidico
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have a dropbox paper doc (which I can't share for confidentiality reasons), and every time I try to access it, the url redirects to a video which is embedded in the page.

This happens after 1-2 seconds after the page loading. It occurs whether I go through the dropbox paper home page and search for the doc, or if I click on an existing link. I've tried different browsers and other team members are encountering the same issue with this one particular page. All other docs are behaving as normal.

The page itself has numerous video examples pasted in, but it redirects to either one of two different videos.

Any thoughts? Has this issue come up for any one before?

Thanks for your help!

20 Replies 20

TJ_G
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Here is me opening a test file that has a video. You can see it automatically opens the video after briefly showing the paper doc. 

This also occurs right as you put any video in a working document. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wfht5c5hmpfcru6/Test-%E2%80%93-Dropbox-Paper.webm?dl=0

Liam_Bradford
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Exactly the same as any audio in my documents. Identical behaviour. 

It's happening across multiple documents too. Not restricted to one or two. 

okdan
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This is happening for us as well. I tried uploading a new video, and the same things happens. The only fix is to delete the video entirely. Which isn't really a solution, because I'd like to include the video in the doc.

okdan
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I've confirmed the same thing is happening with any Paper doc that includes an embedded audio file as well. It's happening in Chrome and Safari.

MartinVoorsmit
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Same problem here..! 🙋🏼‍:female_sign:

TJ_G
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Checked on the mobile app and it seems to be fine. This is is only happening on Desktop/Web for me. 

chadabc
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

@Nancy Any word on this? It is still occurring in every document that contains an embedded link.

sdLightTreason
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Also seeing this behavior today

A temporary workaround: hitting the Stop button in your browser before the page finishes loading seems to prevent the redirect, hopefully giving you access to non-video stuff until this gets fixed

MartinVoorsmit
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Ah yes - Esc key during pageload works fine as a temporary workaround..!  Many thanks 💕

TJ_G
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Nice. Thank you. 

Took me a couple minutes to figure out that like button but there ya go! haha 👍 Like.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Emmet Community Manager
    TJ_G New member | Level 2
    MartinVoorsmit Explorer | Level 4
    sdLightTreason New member | Level 2
    chadabc Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?