cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox on Android suddenly unable to open Text / .MD file

Dropbox on Android suddenly unable to open Text / .MD file

rotello
Helpful | Level 5

I ve a shared folder on my android 11 (kernel 4.4.177) in there ive a text file FILE.txt , which i renamed File.MD (markdown) so i can share with my usual note editor on MAC. it has been working perfectly for months. The first time i opened it, i was asked the default app, i set Dropbox and everything was fine.

then suddently a week or so ago, when i click on the file it just open "my garmin connect"  which is not a text editor. I checked and the setting was "open with dropbox" - i deleted the preferred APP, hoping I would have been asked again ... to no avail.

if i go to default app there are none now

dropbox version on Android is 320.2.10

Can you help me?

Thanks

Manolo

51 Replies 51

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @TheRealGandalf, I've merged you to this post, could you try these steps to see if they help?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

TheRealGandalf
New member | Level 2

This isn't helpful. You merge me into a thread with 50 replies, most of which are DB staff saying how important this issue is, that they're aware of it, and yet it's a thread from 8 months ago with no resolution. So much for importance or doing something about it. And I'm not the only one. You (or some DB staff) merged others into this and also complained that's the only help they get.

IF there's a solution why not simply reply to the original post (meaning my original or the others so merged) with a link to the answer. Instead, I have to scroll through 50 replies in hopes of finding the answer that, if there is one, would be a lot easier to just point that ONE answer out. Instead, now you've dropped me here, there are 51 comments. 

Customer service is a lost art. I have to wonder, due to the lack of usefulness, if all these mergings/oh-it's-so-important-to-us's are just autobots.

Wow.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

TheRealGandalf New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    Rachel L. Collaborator | Level 10
What do Dropbox user levels mean?