cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox won't sync to laptop, but it does sync to the PC.

Dropbox won't sync to laptop, but it does sync to the PC.

allie2
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello!

I have a PC desktop that I work from and my Dropbox is linked to that and my laptop.  When I go to use the laptop it has recently not been staying up to date with the folders that have been updated from my desktop computer.   We have re-downloaded the Dropbox app and installed it back on my laptop, but it is still not staying up to date with the files from my desktop.  I have made sure it is syncing and the laptop says it is syncing, but the proof is in the pudding, as the files are not showing up on the laptop.  

Any advice or help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

allie2
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello!  The files were not appearing on the Dropbox site.   I will tell you now that the laptop is now syncing after the shutdown and update from yesterday.  I am not sure why it is working now, but I did try previously to to shutdown and process updates and Dropbox would not show updated on the website or the laptop.  It is now though. 

I hope this can some how help you troubleshoot this for the future in case it happens again. 🙂

Thanks for responding to my inquiry! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @allie2, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

In order to understand this in more detail, could you clarify if the files from the desktop appear on the Dropbox site?

What is the current status of the Dropbox desktop application, when you hover over the icon in the system tray, on both machines?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

allie2
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello!  The files were not appearing on the Dropbox site.   I will tell you now that the laptop is now syncing after the shutdown and update from yesterday.  I am not sure why it is working now, but I did try previously to to shutdown and process updates and Dropbox would not show updated on the website or the laptop.  It is now though. 

I hope this can some how help you troubleshoot this for the future in case it happens again. 🙂

Thanks for responding to my inquiry! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

allie2 Helpful | Level 5
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?