cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homepage popup won't go away

Homepage popup won't go away

Vajjie
New member | Level 2

When I login I get a popup in the right bottom corner of the screen about getting used to a new home page. I really can't see that much different about the home page but anyway, it has 2 options: skip, or take the tour. 
If I click Skip, the page refreshes but the banner won't go away. If I take the tour, when the tour is finished the page auto refreshes and the popup appears again. 
I just can't seem to get rid of this dam popup. Does anyone know how please?

7 Replies 7

Mark
Super User II

Which version of Dropbox are you using @Vajjie ? If you mouse over the icon on the status bar it should tell you. 

It will be something like 194.4.6267

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Vajjie
New member | Level 2

I'm not sure where to mouseover. I tried the icon top left next to the word Dropbox and nothing came up, but when I'm logged in it does not have a status bar. 
This is a desktop version. Are you talking about an app?

Mark
Super User II

Im on about the desktop version. If you mouse over its icon on the status bar (i.e. next to clock) it should tell you what it is

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Vajjie
New member | Level 2

There is no status bar. I tried opening in Firefox and Chrome and there is no status bar at all. The bottom of the page has a deep black band with all the links on, but no area of that either las a logo or reacts to mouesover.

Mark
Super User II

Its not in the browser. Its the desktop itself - if you are using the desktop software. Its the bit of the computer where the clock is - either top right near on a Mac or bottom left usually on Windows. 

Its the 'bar' where all of the menu options are / start button etc. 

That should have a Dropbox icon on. THAT is the desktop software. 

If not post a screen shot of the error

Vajjie
New member | Level 2

Oh I access through a browser. I didn't even know there was installable software. 

Mark
Super User II

So, you are not using the desktop software then. 

I'd suggest posting a screenshot of the issue to see if Dropbox pick it up later. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Vajjie New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?