cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewer through Pinterest

Viewer through Pinterest

tothillesistvan
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Hi,
Does anyone know how can i check who opened a dropbox-saved video file through pinterest?
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@tothillesistvan wrote:
According that i thought there is a special way which gives sign from Pinterest to Dropbox, if someone opens the video link. And thought too that i can find any special function on Dropbox to get know that activity: who opened or who’s Pinterest user opened, when happened, how many times etc.

No, that's not possible. There is no such feature within Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @tothillesistvan, thanks for posting on our Community and happy Monday!

I'm not quite sure about the issue at hand, can you please clarify what you mean by a Dropbox saved video file through Pinterest? 

Let me know more and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

tothillesistvan
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Hi Walter,
Yes, of course. First of all, i had made a video with photos and pictures and music by iMovie and saved into my Dropbox, because it is huge (2,67gb). After i have post it’s link by Dropbox at my Pinterest account with a picture (https://www.pinterest.com/pin/487092515960614622/sent/?invite_code=89bb0a6b2ebd46ed8ae6fa3fd42faefb&...) which is a link actually to Dropbox (https://www.dropbox.com/s/j2ir6gcgpnbq11j/Isten%20%C3%A9ltessen%20sz%C3%BClet%C3%A9snapod%20alkalm%C...). So, everybody can play the video on the Pinterest app without any Dropbox account. So, it is clear, it works. And i can recognize how many times opened the video by someone according the Pinterest statistic. However, it is only a data of an opening. But i am curious about the person who opened, if i have a tool to indetify. The Pineterest is not able to be a tool, on the other hand the Dropbox has a function to get know who read or write a file which shared. According that i thought there is a special way which gives sign from Pinterest to Dropbox, if someone opens the video link. And thought too that i can find any special function on Dropbox to get know that activity: who opened or who’s Pinterest user opened, when happened, how many times etc.
It is not a short brief, but that’s what i meant.
Thx, Illes

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@tothillesistvan wrote:
According that i thought there is a special way which gives sign from Pinterest to Dropbox, if someone opens the video link. And thought too that i can find any special function on Dropbox to get know that activity: who opened or who’s Pinterest user opened, when happened, how many times etc.

No, that's not possible. There is no such feature within Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    tothillesistvan Helpful | Level 5
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?