cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can 64 bit Dropbox be downloaded on Windows?

Can 64 bit Dropbox be downloaded on Windows?

Borg3
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have Dropbox on my Mac and Windows (10). It is 64 bit on my Mac, but only 32 bit on my Windows, even though Windows supports 64 bit.

Is it possible to download a 64 bit Dropbox version for Windows? I am hoping this would help with efficiency and memory usage.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Borg3, thanks for posting on the Community!

Currently, there isn't a 64 bit version of the Dropbox desktop application for Windows.

If you wish, you can suggest this change for others to vote on, so the dev team can look into this in future!

[Moderator edit: A 64-bit version of the desktop app is now available to Windows users as well and you can download and install it from this page.]

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Borg3, thanks for posting on the Community!

Currently, there isn't a 64 bit version of the Dropbox desktop application for Windows.

If you wish, you can suggest this change for others to vote on, so the dev team can look into this in future!

[Moderator edit: A 64-bit version of the desktop app is now available to Windows users as well and you can download and install it from this page.]

Jay
dropbox.com/support

jlaguna
Experienced | Level 12
Go to solution

I find this bizarre in the extreme. First there was the (still on-going) disastrous rollout of the MacOS version "supporting" Apple Silicon (IIRC, they *still* aren't fully supporting it) and now I find out (when I need to switch platforms) that they still don't have a 64-bit version for Windows! How long has Windows supported 64-bit software? Over 20 years ago, maybe? Completely inexplicable. Definitely switching to iDrive or one of the other excellent alternatives offering 21st century support when my subscription expires.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @jlaguna, as of this version, the Dropbox desktop application is available in 64 bit for Windows OS.

The rollout is ongoing, and if your OS is 64 bit, it will automatically upgrade your version.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?