cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everything is zoomed in when I use the desktop app

Everything is zoomed in when I use the desktop app

jwstanton
New member | Level 2

2019 iMac OS Mojave - while using Dropbox desktop app it suddenly zooms to about 500% of normal size and nothing I try will reduce it. Dropbox preferences don't show any options either. I have to close the app and then reopen it constantly.

4 Replies 4

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hi @jwstanton, thanks for checking with us. 

I'd be more than happy to help, I'll just need a bit more info to make sure that we're on the same page. For example:

• Is it the desktop app itself or specific files that you're seeing as zoomed in?
  • Have you tried a complete reboot of your computer?
  • Could you send me a screenshot (without any personal info) of what you're seeing?

Keep me posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

FrustratedDRAGONuser
New member | Level 2

I cannot for the life of me figure this out either...its extremely frustrating, I have been using dropbox for years, this new update is really messing things up for me. My dropbox app takes up ENTIRE screen on my 27" iMac; I dont need that. I need to be able to resize it

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hi @FrustratedDRAGONuser, thanks for nudging us on this thread. 

I'd be more than happyo help look into this with you, I'll just need a few more details, as mentioned in my previous post. For example:

• Is it the desktop app itself or the Dropbox folder from your Finder that's zoomed in?
  • Did you try rebooting your computer by any chance?

If you could send me a screenshot (without any personal info) of what you describe, that would be very helpful.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

helperfriend
New member | Level 2

Hi! I found your question when I was having this same issue myself. What worked for me was with the zoomed in Dropbox app open, so go up the menu and select Dropbox > Quit Dropbox. Once I reopened it was back to normal view. Hope that helps!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

helperfriend New member | Level 2
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
    FrustratedDRAGONuser New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?