cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot access Dropbox from any of my accounts, from any location

I cannot access Dropbox from any of my accounts, from any location

Hgadvocate
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I cannot access Dropbox from any of my accounts, from any location (different Wi-Fi), or from any device, whether the app or a web browser. Except from a cellular connection.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

OzarkRadio
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

We were having the same issue, it looks like it just resolved itself.  Here is the tracert before and after. 

OzarkRadio_0-1677861625170.pngOzarkRadio_1-1677861634913.png

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Whats the errors? What happens? 

We need a bit more info here. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Hgadvocate
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
The error is no response. It never connects. When I try with a browser, the Dropbox site won’t load at all. Like when there is no internet connect, except I am connected to the internet for everything else (email, web surfing, etc). Same with app devices - no connection at all.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Have you checked things like firewall and filtering software? LittleSnitch has also been known to do this

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Hgadvocate
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
A mini Mac, an iMac, a laptop, a tablet and an iPhone. The firewalls are off. Yet none will connect. Different locations - office, coffee shop, etc. - yeild the same result. Also three different accounts - two free, one subscription. Same thing.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Yet the phone works if you connect via cellular? 

Hgadvocate
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Correct.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

The issue then is down to your ISP and the connection between the ISP / devices (firewall/routers etc.) because as you have shown the devices themselves are able to connect and work via a different internet system.

I go back to my original comment then about making sure that its allowed on things like LittleSnitch etc and checking traceroutes etc. to see where its being blocked.

Hgadvocate
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
I don’t have little snitch or anything like it. Just the native OS firewall which is turned off right now. Do you have a suggestion for how to trace the connection?

OzarkRadio
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

We were having the same issue, it looks like it just resolved itself.  Here is the tracert before and after. 

OzarkRadio_0-1677861625170.pngOzarkRadio_1-1677861634913.png

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hgadvocate Explorer | Level 3
    OzarkRadio New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?