cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I run Dropbox on multiple Macs some of which run older versions of MacOS. Will those still work?

I run Dropbox on multiple Macs some of which run older versions of MacOS. Will those still work?

paladin3
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I currently use Dropbox on multiple Macs of varying ages.  Most are running at least Mojave.  Some cannot be upgraded unless I wish to use OpenCore.  I also use it on multiple Linux and one Windows system.

I have started to receive the upgrade message on my newer Macs running Ventura and Monterrey.  If I upgrade those Macs to the newest version of Dropbox, will I still be able to sync across all of my older Macs?  I am leaning against doing the upgrade because everything is working fine right now.

I understand from the documentation that some files will not sync but I don't use Final Cut Pro, nor do I store my Photos library in Dropbox.  

TIA

p3

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @paladin3, thanks for using Dropbox and welcome to the Community!

You shouldn't have any troubles with syncing after updating to the new desktop app for Macs as long as all of your devices meet our minimum requirement as outlined here.

Just keep in mind these changes if you decide to upgrade to the new version of the app. 

I hope this helps!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @paladin3, thanks for using Dropbox and welcome to the Community!

You shouldn't have any troubles with syncing after updating to the new desktop app for Macs as long as all of your devices meet our minimum requirement as outlined here.

Just keep in mind these changes if you decide to upgrade to the new version of the app. 

I hope this helps!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?