cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Updated Mac to OS 13.2 - Error Message that "Dropbox.app is damaged and can't be opened&amp

Updated Mac to OS 13.2 - Error Message that "Dropbox.app is damaged and can't be opened"

BaliThai
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I just upgraded my Mac Studio to OS 13.2 Ventura (from Monterey). I had logged on as a local administrator to do this. Upon logging out as the local admin and logging back in as the user, I received a pop-up error message that states ""Dropbox.app" is damaged and can't be opened." Upon clicking the info icon on that error message, I get the attached information from the macOS User Guide.

Can anyone help me figure out what I need to do to get Dropbox working on my computer? Thank you.Screenshot 2023-02-01 at 10.29.36 AM.jpgScreenshot 2023-02-01 at 10.28.59 AM.jpg

10 Replies 10

BaliThai
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

So to just complete this thread - the advanced uninstall/reinstall didn't work - in that the terminal commands did not work. Our IT department finally got involved and we finally just did an uninstall (steps 1 - 2 of the advanced instructions for Mac), had to go into Activity Monitor to manually force quit the Dropbox.app again, did step 3, skipped step 4 and just downloaded Dropbox for Mac, installed it and it is now working. No one was sure why step 4 did not work for us, but at least I have it up and working!  Thank you for all of your help.

Need more support?