cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera uploads suddenly broken, I can't preview my content when using the Photos view.

Camera uploads suddenly broken, I can't preview my content when using the Photos view.

JP8307
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello community

Today my Dropbox camera uploads view was studenly broken. I could see photos that id already moved to other folders and no photos from my camera roll from recent weeks.

When I move to the files section and then look in the camera uploads folder in can see them all there but in the photos view is all wrong.

I'm using ios and the latest version of the Dropbox app. Interestingly on Android the view is correct.

Any Ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @JP8307, sorry to jump in here, but could you try completely uninstalling the Dropbox app from your iPhone and re-installing it anew?

If the issue persists after that, let me know here and I'll reach out via the email address that's linked to your profile here, on our Community. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @JP8307, welcome to our Community! 

Is it possible that you're sorting your files in the Photos tab of your iPhone differently, and that's why you can't locate your recent content? 

If I were you, I'd access the Dropbox settings inside the app, and clear the app's cache. Then I'd restart my phone, and check again.

Provided that you notice the same behavior, could you send me a couple of screenshots of your Files tab and one of your Photos tab, and what you see there? 

I'll be waiting for your update!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

JP8307
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello Megan,

I don't see an option to sort the files in the "Photos" tab on iOS, and certainly haven't changed any settings to that effect. Is there an option I'm missing?

I've cleared the app Cache as advised, and I do see recent photos - from today - upload correctly but as I've already selected the missing photos via the upload files option I've no way to test photo upload before today. I guess I was too hasty to solve the problem!

However, the app is certainly not working as expected. It has a notification bubble on the home screen and then again on the house icon. Seems that authentication codes to log in are stuck as unread. Even choosing to mark them all as read doesn't clear them.2023-03-16 11.20.55.png2023-03-16 11.21.21.png

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @JP8307, could I send you an email, in order for us to have a closer look into this? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

JP8307
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello - yes certainly. Do you want me to PM you my email address?

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @JP8307, sorry to jump in here, but could you try completely uninstalling the Dropbox app from your iPhone and re-installing it anew?

If the issue persists after that, let me know here and I'll reach out via the email address that's linked to your profile here, on our Community. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

JP8307
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Hi,

That appears to have resolved the issue. Camera uploads are working as expected and the stuck notifications have cleared.

I'll test again later on today and report back.

Ta
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

JP8307 Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?