cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find my team members in a Paper document

Can't find my team members in a Paper document

dariab
Explorer | Level 3

I have just upgraded to add 2 members to my team on my Dropbox account. I have shared specific folders with them and they appear in my team memebrs list in the admin console.

However, I cannot find them in my Dropbox Paper document when I'm trying to assign a task.

When I tried to tag them in the document, I was only able to do so with the email address and it doesn't seem like it's the same account. E.g. the account has their full name and email address, but when I look for them in paper it only shows their email address without their name.

After tagging them I am able to assign a task using the email. But as mentioned above - it doesn't seem that it recognizes them as team members.

In addition, when I try to assign someone in Paper document, it shows me a huge list of different contacts that have nothing to do with my Dropbox account - I don't even know where this list is pulled in from. 

Please help. I need to be able to easily collaborate with my team in Dropbox Paper

5 Replies 5

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for posting on our forum, @dariab, and welcome aboard.

Can you upload a screenshot of what you see exactly, when trying to share this Paper doc with them? It’d be easier if we have a visual to check this further. 

Just make sure their email addresses are hidden, in case they’re showing initially on the screenshot.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

dariab
Explorer | Level 3

SO here is what's going on, I tried to make as many screenshots as possibel:

Here are the two people who are added to my team on he business account:

Capture001.JPG

I have created a new Paper document to test it out and when I try to look for the person, I am not finding them, but I'm finding someone else. I don't even know from which list this contact is coming.

Capture002.JPG

Now even when I try to look for my team member with their email I don't find them The list is empty

Capture003.JPG

And here is how they appear in my other document where I was able to find the with email. As you can see it seems to be a completely different account

Capture004.JPG

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @dariab, sorry to jump in here.

Can you try to access your Dropbox Business account and Paper using a different browser or a private browsing window, to see if you get the same behavior?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

dariab
Explorer | Level 3

I tried to do it in an incognito tab and in another browser - it didn't solve the problem.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for giving that a go, @dariab!

Out of curiosity, are your team members experiencing the same behavior on their end? Meaning, if they create a Paper doc on their Dropbox account, are they seeing your own account/email address to share it with?

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    dariab Explorer | Level 3
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?