cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Share your feedback on the Document Scanning Experience in the Dropbox App right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox storage usage on iphone different from actual storage size on the web site

Dropbox storage usage on iphone different from actual storage size on the web site

AR36
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

When checking iPhone storage on my iPhone 7 (IOS 13.1.3), Dropbox usage shows 1.38GB! In my desktop PC (Windows 10) Dropbox folder, as well as on the Dropbox.com web site, all folders and file sizes are properly sync-ed and both agree of a total file size of 198 MB. What can cause this huge discrepancy?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AR36
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you for your useful suggestions. First I cleared the cache, but it didn't make any difference. Next, I deleted and reinstalled the app. It fixed the problem. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

The usage you see on your phone isn't related to the amount of files you have stored in your account. It's the total size of all data in use by the app. This could be files you've opened recently, files you've marked for offline use, cache, etc.

There's a Clear Cache link within the apps Settings, or you can uninstall/reinstall to totally clear all space used. Just know that any files that were marked as available offline will need to be marked as such again.

AR36
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you for your useful suggestions. First I cleared the cache, but it didn't make any difference. Next, I deleted and reinstalled the app. It fixed the problem. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

AR36 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?