cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Error message

Job reached maximum retry attempts

jolkadre
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

When I try to upload a PDF in gmail, I get error "Job reached maximum retry attempts". 

How I can fix it?

93 Replies 93

BobatEEBoston
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I always get emails with attached documents and I click on the Dropbox, open box icon, and hit save to proper files. They do not SAVE and give message "Job reached maximum retry attempts."

JewelsW
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I am having the very same issue, beginning just a couple of days ago after using the plugin for over a year. Tried the clearing the cache and cookies, updated my version of Chrome, uninstalled and reinstalled the Dropbox for Gmail app...still not working. Has this issue been resolved? Please share. Thanks!

@BobatEEBoston wrote:

I always get emails with attached documents and I click on the Dropbox, open box icon, and hit save to proper files. They do not SAVE and give message "Job reached maximum retry attempts."

dsp
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I've tried deleting and reinstalling Chrome with all cache and cookies deleted. The problem became so annoying that I switched to using Mydrive rather than dropbox. Too busy to spend hours solving this obviously growing problem.

mitchy
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

we are getting a "max number of retry attempts failed" message when uploading docs from gmail to dropbox. HELP

DIANE C.14
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Has there been any resolution to this issue.  I continue to have no ability to open Gmail, select an attachment, select SAVE TO DROPBOX.  I receive the message "saving to Dropbox" then "Maximum retry attempts" message.  Nothing was saved.  

rodo76
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

This doesnt work, i have the same problem. Another solution?

gg1236
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have tried clean the cookie and cache. Unistall and re-install the extension in Chrome.   All in vain.

It would worked (saving to dropbox from Chrome-Gmail), sometimes,  when I restart the computer. But more oftern than not, it doesnt work.

Cleanliving
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have received "max retry attemps failed" message. How do i fix it.

310EI
Super User
Go to solution

@Cleanliving wrote:

I have received "max retry attemps failed" message. How do i fix it.

Hello, @Cleanliving...

Are you referring to trying to Login to your Dropbox account unsuccessfully?  If so, you can click here to reset your password.

If above isn't of any help to you, then we need more specifics so we can better assist you.

Scorp1617
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Frank, has there been any resolution to this issue?  It continues to persist ever after cache cleaning and plug disabling.  Would love a resolution date for this extremely useful feature that is now gone 😞

Need more support?